Where is Length Measured on 35" Long Safety Chain with Clevis Slip Hook, 5,400 lbs # 1483-535-04
How is the length of your 35inch Long Safety Chain with Clevis Slip Hook, 5,400 lbs. Item # 1483-535-04 measured? Is that the overall length including the hook? Any experience with using these on a 2018 2500HD class V hitch. My existing hooks are too small for hitch.
asked by: Aaron
Helpful Expert Reply:
The 35 inch length of the 35" Long Safety Chain with Clevis Slip Hook, 5,400 lbs # 1483-535-04 that you referenced is from the end of the chain to the center of the hook on the other end. So basically it's 35 inches of usable chain. See the attached picture and review video link for more info.
We've found that this chain works really well on full size trucks like your 2019 Chevy Silverado 2500.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- USA Made Safety Chain for Trailer Recommendation
- Proper Safety Chain Recommendation for 8,100 GVWR Trailer
- How to Determine Safety Chain Weight Capacity
- How Big is the Opening in the Chain Links for 5,400 Pound Safety Chains 1483-535-04
- Are 1/4 Inch Grade 70 Safety Chains Sufficient For a 10,000LB Trailer?
- Safety Chains that can Accommodate 3/8" Bolt
- What is the Opening Size of Clevis Hook on Safety Chain with Clevis Slip Hook
- How to Choose Correct Capacity for Trailer Safety Chains
- Safety Chain Capacity and Requirements for a 6-Ton Triple Axle Trailer
- Determining Best Safety Chain Replacement for Keystone Trailer
- Can One Long Safety Chain be Safely Cut in Half to Make 2 Safety Chains
- Can the Laclede Chain Safety Chains # 1483-535-04 be Used on a Boat Trailer
- Is 35" Long Safety Chain with Clevis Slip Hook # 1483-535-04 Made in the USA
- Is the 35" Long Safety Chain # 1483-535-04 Corrosion Resistant
- Can Safety Chains On 36 Ft Keystone Outback Camper Be Extended Using Quick Links
- What Is Laclede Safety Chain With Clevis Slip Hook # 1483-535-04 Made Of
- Where Is the 35" Long Safety Chain with Clevis Slip Hook, 5,400 lbs. Made
- How Does Chain Working Load Limit Relate to Break Strength Rating
- Quick Link Recommendations for Safety Chain with Clevis Slip Hook
- Parts Needed For Yard Ramp Build
- Is Brophy Safety Chain Mounting Bracket MB12 Compatible with Safety Chain 2118-605-04
- Recommended Safety Chains and 4-Pin Tow Wiring Connector Extender for a 2003 Toyota 4Runner
- S-Hook Dimensions of the Curt Single Hook Coiled Safety Cables
- Safety Chain Recommendation that Includes a Keeper
- How is the Reese Titan Hitch Box Extension Supported and Does it Require Stabilization Chains
- How Are Safety Chains Rated
- Recommended Safety Chain Extension For 5/16 Inch Chains
- How to Reduce Receiver Play and Use Chain Loops on the Titan Hitch Box Extension # RP45292