bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

4-Way Trailer Wiring Extension Recommendation to Allow Flat Towed Vehicle & Trailer Behind Vehicle


I have a 4 wire plug coming from my Rv,I want to pull my 2012 Honda CRV and pull a small trailer behind the CRV at the same time,What wiring do you suggest for this.


Expert Reply:

What you'll need is a long 4-way extension spliced into the 4-way you have at the back of the RV. For that you'd want to use the part # HM48235 which is 120 inches long. You'd need to cut off the one end and then use quick splice connectors like # SWC501746-1 to connect to the RV wiring. This will allow the 4-way to operate the CR-V taillights and then you'd be able to route the jumper wire to the back of the CR-V where you can then plug it into your trailer.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>