How Much Weight Can a 2016 Ford F-150 Super Cab with 2.7L EcoBoost Tow
i have a 4x4 F-150XL Supercab 2016 EcoBoost V6 2.7 engine, the bed is 6ft. 5in 6500 pound. I have a home built utility trailer that weighs about 1300 pounds and 500 pound tongue. How much weight can I tow ?
asked by: William
I took a look at the online owner's manual and on pages 268 - 269 it says that your 2016 Ford F-150 Super Cab with the 2.7L EcoBoost has a max trailer weight rating of 5,100 lbs.
This means that you will be able to easily tow your trailer that has a weight of 1,300 lbs. Please note that a properly loaded trailer has a tongue weight that is 10 - 15% of the weight of the loaded trailer. If your trailer loaded weighs 1,300 lbs and has a 500 lb tongue weight then you will need to move some stuff around in the trailer so that the tongue weight is within the 130 lb - 195 lb range so that your trailer will tow safely. You can use a tongue weight scale like part # e99044 to quickly and easily get an accurate ready of your tongue weight.
If you don't have any equipment on your F-150 to tow just let me know and I can make some recommendations for you from the linked fitguide. It is worth mentioning as well that the manual also states on page 271 that if you are towing a trailer that weighs at or more than 1,500 lbs you will also need a brake controller. If you don't already have one let me know what kind of wiring you have on your pickup and I can help you choose one of these as well.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Is There a Tongue Weight Scale For Trailers Under 1000-lbs
- When Do You Measure The Trailer Tongue Weight For Setting Up Weight Distribution On Imagine 3100RD?
- Tongue Weight Scale for Scamp 16 Camper
- What Does Trailer Tongue Weight Scale Weigh
- Is Weight Distribution System Needed for 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Towing Cherokee Wolf Pup
- How to Determine When Trailer Weight Distribution System is Needed
- Determining Tongue Weight to Choose Weight Distribution System
- How to Choose Correct Weight Distribution Hitch
- How to Use etrailer Tongue Weight Scale
- Shank Diameter of Trailer Ball Included With etrailer e99044 Tongue Weight Scale
- Does etrailer Tongue Weight Scale for Campers and Utility Trailers # e99044 Need Calibration
- Accuracy of etrailer Tongue Weight Scale for Campers and Utility Trailers
- Is it Ok to Use an etrailer.com e99044 if There is an Air Bubble in the Gauge?
- Does the Plug on the etrailer Tongue Weight Scale Need to be Perforated
- Can the etrailer Tongue Weight Scale Be Stored In Sub-Zero Temperatures?
- How to Properly Weigh my Trialer to not Exceed my Vehicles Towing Weight Rating
- How to Select Weight Distribution System Spring Bars to Match Measured Trailer Tongue Weight
- Etrailer Tongue Weight Scale VS. Sherline Tongue Weight Scale
- Determining Weight Distribution System Requirements Based on Trailer Loaded Tongue Weight
- What is Trailer Tongue Weight & How Can it be Measured
- How to Store etrailer Tongue Weight Scale e99044
- Margin of Error for the etrailer Trailer Tongue Weight Scale
- Solution for Sway Control When Towing Boat Trailer with 2011 Chevy Avalanche
- Is 560 lbs a Good Tongue Weight on a 2,820 lb Boat Trailer
- Can Block be Used Under etrailer Tongue Weight Scale
- Availability Of Trailer Tongue Weight Scale
- How to Determine Tongue Weight with Weight Distribution System Connected
- How Stable Is Horse Trailer On The Road Since Axles Are So Far Back?
- How to Measure Loaded Trailer Tongue Weight
- Recommendation of How To Use a Sherline Scale with a Hensley Weight Distribution Hitch and Stinger