Will the SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps Fit a 2018 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS
Will these fit a 2018 Grand Design 311 BHS 5th Wheel ?I see people have had issues with the steps hitting the inside stair going up to the master bed rm. Thank You
asked by: Chris K
Helpful Expert Reply:
I cannot say I have heard of an issue with the SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps part # LC791575 hitting the steps for the master bedroom in a 2018 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS before however, neither we nor the manufacturer actively do test fitting of these steps for certain trailers. Therefore, I would not have any insight on the issue with the steps. However, as these are universal steps the clearances can vary from install to install. I did call Lippert and they were able to tell me that from the front of the hinged bracket to the rearmost point of the step is about 6". Therefore, you will need to have at least 6" of space in from the front of the door sill. I have attached a photo to better illustrate where to measure from.
In order to make sure you don't run into any other issues with the steps you will also want to make sure your door frame does not exceed 30" wide and your entry door height is between 35"-44". If your trailer meets the above three criteria then you can use the SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps without issue.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Quick Release Hinge For Lippert Manual Fold Down Steps
- Installing SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps on Trailer
- Clearance Needed to Deploy the Quad SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps
- Will the SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps Fit a 29 Wide Doorway
- Will SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps Fit A 29-1/4" Door Frame
- Will the SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps Work With a Screen Door
- How is Lippert SolidStep Installed on 2018 Keystone Sprinter?
- Which Generation is the SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps LC791575
- Compatible Handrail For A Lippert SolidStep On A Keystone Arcadia
- Installation of SolidStep with Threshold Depth Issue
- Installation of Solid Step Manual Fold-Down Steps # LC678027 Without Threshold Lip
- Will Trailer Door Close With Lippert SolidStep Installed and Folded Down?
- Will SolidStep Manual Fold-Down Steps Fit a 2014 Keystone Laredo
- How To Choose The Correct Steps For A Truck Bed Camper
- Recommended Hand Rail for Lippert SolidStep Fold Down RV Steps
- How to Choose the Correct Quad Step Assembly for Trailer
- Recommended Steps for Camper
- Lippert SolidSteps to Fit a 30 Inch Doorway
- Will Screen Door Strut Interfere with Install of Lippert SolidStep
- Replacement Retainer for the Lippert Solid Steps
- How Far In Does The Lippert SolidStep Sit Inside Of The RV
- What Might Cause Lippert SolidStep to Make Shutting Door Difficult
- Recommended Lippert SolidStep for a 2014 Keystone Montana 3402RL
- Recommended Fold-Up Steps for 2008 Montana with a 29 inch Wide Doorway
- How Does the SolidStep Part # LC791575 Install and Operate