bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Taillight Converter Recommendation for Hitch Cover Light so it Won't Blink with Turn Signal


For the light up Ford emblem is the a way to buy just the conversion module. I had purchased a lighted Ford emblem and my truck is a 2 wire system so brake and turn signal are one wire. I did not get the conversion module so the emblem will flash with one turn signal but not the other side. I don’t need it to flash but haven’t found the module to use.


Expert Reply:

The exact module of the Reese Light Up Emblem part # RP86620 isn't available but you could use the part # 118158 to basically get the same thing. You'd wire this to your vehicle wiring that is separate and then only use the red wire for the stoplight circuit and then tape up the extra wires of the converter and then use the running light circuit you already have from the vehicle wiring and you'd be set.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Video/Article/FAQ this Question was Asked From

Article or Video
Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages