Can I Mount Swagman RV Bumper 2 Bike Rack # S80500 to Square Bumper on 2010 Puma Travel Trailer
everyting i read says not to mount to a rear rv bumper. i have checked my bumper and it is a 4inch square tube that is then welded into the i beams underneath the trailer. is it safe to mount on my bumper?
asked by: Brad
The item you selected, Swagman RV Bumper 2 Bike Rack # S80501, is designed to attach to a 4 to 4-1/2 inch continuous welded square steel bumper like the bumper on your 2010 Puma travel trailer. It is not designed to attach to C-channel bumpers.
You will want to check the owners manual of your Puma travel trailer for load carrying capacities of the camper and the rear bumper.
I have linked instructions for the Swagman RV Bumper 2 Bike Rack # S80501. Also linked is an FAQ on bike racks for motor homes and pop-up campers.
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer
- Q&A: Why Do Hitch Extenders Reduce Hitch Capacity but Long Ball Mounts Do Not
- Q&A: Which Axle Over Under Lift Kit Fits 2020 Forest River Patriot with Lippert 3,500 lb Axles
- Q&A: Propane Tank Clearance on a Winnebago Mini With Jack-It 2 Bike Rack for A-Frame Trailers
- Q&A: Bracket Spacing For The etrailer 24x60 Cargo Carrier For RV Bumpers
- Q&A: Camper Shell Roof Rack and Kayak Carriers for a Ford Pickup
- Q&A: Dimensions of Lippert Jack-It part # LC429756
- Q&A: Instructions for Prodigy P3 Electric Brake Controller
- Article: Carrying Bikes While Towing a Pop-Up Camper Trailer
- Article: 5 Things to Know About Weight Distribution Hitches
- Article: Carrying Bikes While Towing a 5th Wheel Camper Trailer
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)
- Article: Converting Your RV Water Heater to Tankless
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class