Right Hand Trailer Stop/Turn Signal Circuit Not Working on 2007 Toyota Tundra
I purchased towing lights to put on a trailer. When I turn on the lights from my truck, the towing lights work. When I use the brake, right turn signal or hazard lights, the right side light does not work. I also connected my truck to my boat trailer and the same thing happens. I purchased a new connector for my truck and replaced it. Still having the same problems as mentioned. What am I missing?
asked by: Milton
It sounds like you are having issues with the right side trailer brake/turn signal circuit on your 2007 Toyota Tundra. If that is the case then the first thing I would check is the fuse box for the right side trailer tow stop/turn signal fuse and or relay. The fuse you will be able to tell if blown but for the relay you will need to swap this one for one you know works in order to rule this out. I looked in the owner's manual and did not see any specific fuse locations so it should be printed on the underside of the cover.
If the fuse/relay is in working order then I would turn my attention to right side stop/turn signal wire. I recommend you trace this back from the trailer connector as far as possible while checking for breaks. If none are found then the last thing I can have you check is your ground for the trailer connector. I recommend you remove this ground, sand the surface down, and then reattach with new hardware.
If none of the above steps seem to fix your issue then you may be better off just taking the vehicle into a shop for diagnostics.
- Shop: Trailer Wiring
- Shop: Trailer Hitch
- Shop: Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Shop: B&W Patriot 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch w/ Slider - Dual Jaw - 18,000 lbs
- Shop: Hopkins Plug-In Simple Vehicle Wiring Harness for Factory Tow Package - 7-Way and 4-Flat Connectors
- Q&A: Will the Hopkins HM11143325 Fit a 2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5?
- Video: etrailer Trailer Hitch Installation - 2022 Mazda CX-5
- Video: Trailer Hitch Installation - 2012 Hyundai Elantra - Curt
- Video: Curt T-Connector Vehicle Wiring Harness Installation - 2021 Mazda CX-5
- Shop: B&W Companion OEM 5th Wheel Hitch for Ram Towing Prep Package - Dual Jaw - 25,000 lbs
- Search Results: rvk3270
- Shop: Curt Powered Tail Light Converter with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector
- Shop: Gen-Y Hitch Hitch Extender for 2" Trailer Hitches - 14" Long
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Video: Choosing the Right Trailer Wiring
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Search Results: trailer hitch
- Shop: 7- and 4-Pole Trailer Connector Socket w/ Mounting Bracket - Vehicle End
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Search Results: hitch
- Shop: Universal Installation Kit for Trailer Brake Controller - 7-Way RV and 4-Way Flat - 10 Gauge Wires
- Video: Tow Ready 4-Pole Mounting Bracket Installation
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Video: Choosing the Right Brake Controller
- Q&A: Difference Between Curt and etrailer Trailer Hitch Receivers for 2020 Chevy Colorado
- Shop: Brake Controller
- Search Results: trailer hitch wiring
- Shop: Suspension Enhancement
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit