Engine Oil Cooler Recommendation for 1971 Chevy Camaro
Hello there, 1971 Model Camaro SS owner. Small Block 350 engine. What are the recommended engine oil cooler models? Thanks.
asked by: Gurol
The best way to keep your your SBC 350 cool in your 1971 Chevy Camaro will be an upgrade aluminum radiator if you haven't already. I had a 1972 Camaro with a 350 and all of the cooling issues I had with the car went away with an improved radiator.
If you wanted an oil cooler though we have the Derale part # D15502 which will attach between the oil filter and the block and will cool the oil. I don't like to recommend these typically as they might lower oil pressure slightly but if you have solid oil pressure now you'd be good.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Lighting and Wiring Options for Flat-Towing a Jeep Wrangler Behind a Motor Home
- Q&A: Recommendation For Transmission Cooler on 2005 Ford Excursion 6.8L / V-10
- Q&A: 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Demco Base Plate Kit
- Q&A: Is Another Connector Needed For Curt Tow Bar Extension Cord w/ Socket C39HR
- Q&A: Does Derale Stacked Plate Oil Cooler Kit # D15602 Come with Thermostat Bypass
- Q&A: Recommended Oil Cooler for a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer 4.2 Liter I-6 Engine
- Article: Frequently Asked Questions About Transmission Coolers
- Q&A: Does Steering have to be Locked out to Flat Tow a Vehicle Behind a Motor Home
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Article: Engine Oil Coolers
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: 2 Steps for Finding the Right Weight Distribution Hitch Size
- Article: Breakaway Kit Installation for Single and Dual Brake Axle Trailers
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit