Will Westin Perfect Match Bumper # 31006 Fit with Factory Hitch on 1999-2007 Silverado
Do I have to remove the factory tow hitch to install the new bumper? Are all mounting brackets included?
asked by: Larry S
I spoke with my contact at Westin regarding the Perfect Match Series Rear Step Bumper # 31006 and he said that this is going to attach and install the same exact way as your existing factory bumper. With this in mind you will be able to retain the factory hitch without an issue. It might end up being easier to temporarily remove the hitch or some of its hardware while actually installing the new bumper but it shouldn't be necessary.
All of the necessary mounting hardware is included.
- Q&A: Recommended Adjustable Ball Mount for a 2008 Chevy 2500HD
- Q&A: Distance from Bumper to Top of Curt Trailer Hitch C15703 on a 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500
- Q&A: Height Difference Between Curt C15302 and Factory Chevy 2006 2500hd Receiver
- Article: Types of Bumpers
- Q&A: Is Rear Bumper of 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 Different From 2500HD
- Q&A: Is the Westin Perfect Match Rear Bumper Compatible with Factory Hitch of a 2004 Chevy Silverado LS
- Q&A: Availability of Westin Replacement Bumper for 2002 Chevy Silverado 2500LD
- Q&A: Why Does a Factory Class V Hitch on a GMC Sierra have Lower Capacities than Aftermarket Hitches
- Article: Choosing the Right Suspension Kit for Your Truck and Trailer
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class