Wireless Observation Camera That Does Not Require Installing Monitor on Vehicle
I have a 2019 Ford Expedition Max Platinum with the 360 camera. I would like to get a working rearview camera on our 24foot travel trailer. I already have a wired camera on the trailer that connected to our 2005 Expedition and to a separate 7inch monitor that we kept up full time as a live rear-view camera. Im looking for something I can hopefully integrate into our current Sync3 or run to a separate monitor again. Wife is not going to allow me to drill up and mount anything in the new truck so wed have to go wireless if we needed a new monitor. Something we could use and put away when not in use. Looking for any ideas that can work.
asked by: Steve D
We do have a wireless camera system that use your smartphone or iPad as the display so there is no need to mount a monitor in the passenger compartment. The Rampage Wireless Backup Camera # RA7710 features a rechargeable battery-powered camera with a magnetic mount for quick and easy non-permanent installation when you need it. This means no wiring and that you can put the camera just about anywhere you need it.
The Rampage has a 300-foot transmission distance too so it will work fine on your 24-foot trailer. It also includes a stand for your phone or if you prefer you can add a vent-mount Smartphone Mount # HE1038. When you're done using it you can use the included storage bag to safely stow it away. Please see the linked video for more details on this unique item.
OEM camera systems such as the 4-camera Sync 3 system from Ford are typically closed systems, meaning that you cannot use someone else's camera with it.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Backup Camera
- Backup Camera Systems
- Standard Camera System
- Wireless Signal
- Smartphone Monitor
- Smartphone Display
more information >
- Shop: RV Camera
- Search Results: wireless camera
- Shop: Furrion Vision S Wireless RV Backup Camera System w/ 3 LED Marker Light Cameras - 7" Screen
- Shop: Rampage Wireless Backup Camera for Smartphone or Tablet - iOS
- Q&A: Can Furrion Camera Connect to Smartphone for a Monitor
- Article: Roof Rack Information
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Q&A: Recommended Roof Rack and Cargo Box For a 2023 Kia Telluride SX X-Pro With Factory Raised Rails
- Q&A: Recommended Crossbars for Yakima Top Tracks On an A.R.E Camper Shell CX Series
- Article: How to Install a Roof Rack
- Q&A: Is There a Ladder Rack and Tonneau Option for a 2020 Honda Ridgeline
- Article: Roof-Mounted Watersport Carriers
- Q&A: Bar Length for Carrying two Yakima ShowDown Kayak Carriers
- Q&A: Availability of Roof Racks to Fit 2016 Ford Edge with Panoramic Glass Roof
- Q&A: Best User-Friendly Cargo Box Compatible with Yakima JetStream Crossbars on 2021 Kia Telluride
- Article: Hard Tonneau Covers vs Soft Tonneau Covers
- Article: Basics of Tie Down Straps
- Article: How to Use a Roof Rack (Like a Boss)