bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Is a New Electric Over Hydraulic Actuator Required When Converting from Drum to Disc Brakes


I will be ordering kit number K2HR12A11 Dash 120DW tomorrow I am converting drum to disc I have electric over hydraulic brake set up will I need to change the pump To accommodate the disk setup??


Expert Reply:

Yes you will need a new electric over hydraulic actuator to go from drum to disc as the disc brake setups require a higher psi rating. The best option is the HydraStar part # HBA16 as it has the best reputation for reliability and is the fastest reacting as well so it's what we recommend the highest. Since you are going to disc brakes you'll need a flexible line to go from the caliper to the axle since the caliper moves. For that you'd want the part # # T0776500 .

click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>