bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Replacement Roof Vent That Measures 13 X 13  


Hi guys, I have a 2001 Kodiak mh. Some dumb tree branch decided to snatch the vent cover over the bathroom. Fortunately no structural damage at all except the plastic cover. Old broken vent cover measures 13 1/8th inch X 13 1/16th, on outside dimension and about 13 1/16th. I bought a camco 14 X 14 cover assuming compatibility. Hah, way to big and wrong hinge. I cant find any sign of a 13 X 13 vent cover. Do I have to go and buy a new RV now? Thanks for any wisdom shared and hoping you have something that will work. Couldnt send a second pic.


Expert Reply:

You do not have to buy a new RV, from your photo it looks like you need Replacement cover part # CAM40153. Although the vent itself may be considered 14 x 14 some roof vents came with smaller covers.

In order to determine the correct roof vent, measure where the vent opens. The standard trailer roof vent opening is roughly 14-1/4" x 14-1/4" and have roof vents that measure 14" x 14".

To pick the correct cover, you will also need to know the type of hinge you need.

There is a 3 point hinge, such as the one on the Camco # CAM40153; a 4 point hinge as seen on the Camco # CAM40154; or a rolled metal continuous hinge like on the Ventline # BVD0449-A03; and universal hinge as shown on the MaxxAir # MA00-335001.

Basically the easiest way to select the correct replacement cover is to remove the existing cover and match the hinge and lift bracket to the photos on our site along with the dimensions. A link to all of the replacement vent covers is provided to match up with your cover.

If it is not clear which hinge style that you have, the MaxxAir above is a Universal Replacement Lid.

In the event that you don't find a lid you like, I also included a link to our main page for our complete 14 x 14-inch vent assemblies. These are offered in manual or powered lift and with or without fans. If you install a complete new vent you'll need an installation kit, either # 344270KITW for a metal or coated metal roof or kit # CAM25013 for a rubberized roof..

expert reply by:
Heather A
click to enlarge
click to enlarge
click to enlarge

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>