Is Washer Needed When Installing BT8 Bearing Kit on Trailer Axle
Your BT8 kit doesnt show a washer that goes between the bearing and the castle nut. Is it necessary to have the washer on because Im having trouble when I tighten the nut I done have remove to set my cotter pin on.
asked by: CUCO
Helpful Expert Reply:
While the BT8 Bearing Kit part # BK1-100 does not come with a washer you would still need to use a washer like the part # 5-23. If you are having a hard time getting the nut to thread on with the washer installed you'd need make sure the inner bearing is all the way seated on the spindle and doesn't need to be installed further onto it. For more info on this I attached video that covers this as well.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Trailer Spindles
- Spindle Washer
- 1 Inch I.D.
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Replacement Bearings and Hub for Malone MicroSport Trailer
- Replacement Bearing/Seals for Hubs With 1 Inch Spindle
- Replacement Bearings for Dexter Axle 1,400 lb Axle
- Washer For 1 Inch Spindle Bearing Kit BK1-100
- Replacement Bearing Kit for Alite 300 Pop Up Camper Trailer
- Replacement Bearings for a 1982 Shoreline Trailer
- How to Pick Out a Bearing Kit for 2000 Southsport Boat Trailer
- How to Pick Out Replacement Bearings/Seal for Trailer
- What Size Bearings are Kits Available For?
- Bearings and Seal Replacement for Trailer with Dexter 2,000 lb Axle
- Quality Of The Bearing Kit For 1 Inch BT8 Spindle # BK1-100
- Replacement Bearing Kit for 1 Inch BT8 Spindle
- Replacement Bearing Kit for Boat Trailer with BT8 1" Spindle
- Bearing Kit for Dexter 8-259 Trailer Hub
- Bearings Seem Loose on Strait Trailer Spindle
- What Information is Needed When Replacing the Bearing, Races and Seals on a Trailer Hub
- How To Find Correct Replacement Wheel Bearings for Forest River Rockwood Freedom Camper
- How to Pick Out a Bearing Kit for a Trailer Hub
- Bearing Kit Recommendation for Trailer with BT8 Spindle
- Bearing Kit Recommendation for Dexter 2,000 lb Axle
- How to Identify Trailer Axle to Determine Correct Replacement Bearings.
- Replacement Bearings for 2004 Viking Epic Series M-1906
- How to Pick Out Replacement Bearings for a Trailer
- Replacement Bearing Kit Needed for a 10ft 1995 Triton Lite Trailer
- Determining Correct Brake Assemblies and Hubs For 1989 Competitive Trailer With 5000lb GVWR
- How to Pick Out Hub for Trailer Axle
- Bearing Kit Recommendation that Include L44643 Bearings