bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Is Converter Needed for 2019 Jeep Cherokee Being Flat Towed by Motorhome With Separate Wiring


In addition to an RM-154 in my 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, will I also need an RM-732 Brite-Lite 3-Wire to 2-Wire Converter? It appears that my 2012 Fleetwood Bounder has separate brake and turn-signal bulbs see attached photo while the Roadmaster website says the Jeep uses combined wiring.


Expert Reply:

Since your 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited has combined wiring, if your Fleetwood Bounder does have separate wiring for its brakes and turn signals, you will need to use the Roadmaster Brite-Lite Wiring Converter # RM-732 when installing the Roadmaster Universal Hy-Power Diode Wiring Kit # RM-154 on your Cherokee. However, please keep in mind some motorhomes have combined signals that are separated at the tow vehicle wiring so you will want to verify this with your motorhome manufacturer.

Along with these parts, you will need base plates, a tow bar, a supplemental braking system and possibly a high-low adapter for your Jeep. The best parts for your vehicle are:

- Roadmaster Direct-Connect Base Plate Kit - Removable Arms # RM-521452-5
- Roadmaster Nighthawk All Terrain, Non-Binding Tow Bar w/ LED Lights # RM-676
- Roadmaster InvisiBrake Supplemental Braking System # RM-8700
- Roadmaster Stop Light Switch Kit # RM-751471

I've added a link to a help article which shows you how to determine if you need an adapter as well as a link to our selection of adapters. Additionally, I have added links to instruction manuals, video reviews and installations for you to take a look at.

click to enlarge
click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Kyle S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>