Trailer Hitch Solution for 2019 Honda Passport with OEM Hitch to Carry Thule Bike Rack
The OEM hitch for the 2019 Honda Passport and I believe the Pilot also has a pin hole depth of less than the required 1.5inch for this, and almost every Thule hitch bike rack. What is the best solution short of removing the OEM hitch and installing a new one? An extender or drilling new holes? Thank you for your time.
asked by: Grant C
Best solution is to replace the hitch you have on your 2019 Honda Passport that has the shallow hitch pin with the Draw Tite part # 76290 which is a confirmed fit and will let you use any bike rack you want like the Thule Apex Swing part # TH9027XT you referenced. This is going to allow to use the best bike rack for your application instead of being limited to the select few which are compatible with the shallow hitch pin and also will alleviate any other similar problems in the future with hitch accessories.
Extenders end up cutting hitch capacity and we can't ever recommend drilling a hitch as that would void the warranty.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Hitch
- Custom Fit Hitch
- Class IV
- 900 lbs TW
- 6000 lbs GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
more information >
- Q&A: Which Mirror Monitor Will Work With The Rear View Safety Backup Camera System # RVS-770613-213?
- Q&A: Recommended 4-Bike Rack for a 2021 Mazda CX-5 W/ A 2" Hitch
- Q&A: 4 Bike Rack Recommendation for Use at Rear of Motorhome and Flat Towed Ford F-150
- Q&A: How To Help Further Stabilize the Inno Tire Hold 1 Bike Platform Rack During Transport
- Q&A: Bike Rack Recommendation to Carry 4 Bikes on 2006 Subaru Outback
- Q&A: Compatibility of RockyMounts SplitRail 4-Bike Rack and Stealth Hitches Rack Receiver on 2018 XC90
- Q&A: Thule Tram Ski and Snowboard Adapter Compatibility With Thule Apex Swing 4 Bike Rack
- Article: Trailer Hitch Receiver Sizes
- Article: Routing the Power Wire for a Trailer Wiring Harness
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer
- Article: How to Strap a Bike To a Roof Rack
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Families with Kids (2023)