Will the Malone Hanger Spare T3 OS Fit a 35x12.5 Tire on a Jeep Wrangler
Will this bike rack fit over 35in x 12.5in spare tire for a wrangler?
asked by: Damon
I do have an option for you but the Malone Hanger Spare T3 OS part # MPG2147 will only work with a spare tire up to 10-1/2" wide and since your spare tire is 12-1/2" wide it will not work for you. The only option we can offer you to carry three bikes via the spare tire is going to be the Surco Spare Tire 3-Bike Carrier part # BT300 which I can confirm fits the Jeep Wrangler bolt pattern but you will need to get a longer standoff from Surco to clear the oversized tire.
The only other option to carry three bikes would be with a trailer hitch and hitch mounted bike rack. If this is the option you want to take then please provide me with the year of your Jeep Wrangler.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Spare Tire Bike Racks
- Frame Mount - Standard
- 3 Bikes
- Bike Lock
- Single Arm
- Hanging Rack
- Surco Products
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Will the Malone Hanger 3 Allow Me to Transport Kids Bikes on a 2021 Jeep Wrangler?
- Q&A: Can the Surco Spare Tire 3-Bike Carrier be Installed Without the Spare Tire on a 2013 Jeep Wrangler
- Q&A: Carrying Kids Bikes On A 2022 Jeep Wrangler With The Malone Hanger Spare Tire Rack MPG2147
- Q&A: 2019 Jeep Wrangler Spare Tire Bike Rack Compatible with Back Up Camera
- Q&A: What Spare-Tire Rack do You Recommend for My 2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited?
- Q&A: How Does the Lock Knob of the Thule Spare Me TH963PRO Work
- Q&A: Spare Tire Mounted Bike Rack Recommendation for a 35 inch Tall Tire
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack That Will Clear a Rear Mounted Spare Tire or Bumper
- Article: Stability Control for Heavy Duty Vehicles
- Article: Determining Trailer Tongue Weight
- Article: How to Choose a Spare-Tire-Bike Rack
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class