Spare Tire Bike Rack That Fits Over Sized Spare Tire
What size tire can this fit? oversized 35s? 33s?
asked by: Stacy K
I do have an option for you but the Malone Hanger Spare T3 part # MPG2147 only fits tires with 8" to 10-1/2" section width. Over sized tires like 33 or 35 inch tires normally have a section width of around 12".
I recommend the Hollywood Racks SR2 part # HRSR2 if you have over sized tires. It will fit a tire up to 12.5" wide so you shouldn't have any issues using it on a 35 or 33 inch tire size. I have attached a video of the Hollywood Rack on a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. The only catch is that the Hollywood Rack is a 2 bike rack because a 3 bike rack is not available for over sized tires at this time.
Featured Help Information
- Shop: Yakima SpareRide 2 Bike Rack - Spare Tire Mount - Folding Arms
- Shop: Spare Tire Bike Racks
- Q&A: Best Spare Tire Mounted Bike Rack Comparison Thule Vs Yakima
- Q&A: Spare Tire Bike Rack Recommendation for Jeep Wrangler with Offroad Oversize Tire
- Q&A: Will the Malone Hanger 3 Allow Me to Transport Kids Bikes on a 2021 Jeep Wrangler?
- Q&A: Can the Surco Spare Tire 3-Bike Carrier be Installed Without the Spare Tire on a 2013 Jeep Wrangler
- Q&A: Carrying Kids Bikes On A 2022 Jeep Wrangler With The Malone Hanger Spare Tire Rack MPG2147
- Q&A: 2019 Jeep Wrangler Spare Tire Bike Rack Compatible with Back Up Camera
- Q&A: What Spare-Tire Rack do You Recommend for My 2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited?
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack That Will Clear a Rear Mounted Spare Tire or Bumper
- Article: Stability Control for Heavy Duty Vehicles
- Article: How to Choose a Spare-Tire-Bike Rack
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Determining Trailer Tongue Weight
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class