bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Wedge Style Coupler and A-Frame Jack that Fits Circle J Horse Trailer


Im giving some new life to my old Circle J 4-horse trailer. Id like to replace the coupler as part of the work. The attached photos show an older slide-type coupler which I have never liked. Id like to replace it with a Bulldog coupler with a wedge latch. I use a 2-5/16inch ball. I need to make sure the new coupler is the right width on the back of the new unit. My old on appears to be around 10-1/4. Ive seen others that were only 9inch across the back. I almost bought that one by mistake. The side of the old coupler provides for a bead of about 8-3/4. My plan is to grind off the welds currently on the old coupler, remove it and replace it with a new Bulldog unit and weld it on just like the old one. One last thing: do you guy sell a screw jack with a wheel that would go with the new coupler? Thanks


Expert Reply:

The style of coupler you have now on your horse trailer is a Bulldog Collar Lok style which is very common on horse trailers. The Bulldog Wedge Latch Coupler part # BD44150W0317 will fit perfectly on your trailer as thankfully the angles of the couplers and trailer A-frames were all made to the same angle. This means that after you cut off your old coupler this one can easily install in place of it and will work great.

For a topwind jack like you have that will fit the new coupler and comes with a wheel we then have the part # BD155300 which will work great.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Jameson C

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>