Installing Castle Nut in Hub and Drum Assembly
Where do I find the torque specs for the hubs I purchased?
asked by: Mike
There are actually no specific torque specs for a hub and drum such as the Trailer Hub and Drum Assembly # AKHD-655-6-EZ-K. You really need to do it by feel, tightening it down so the hub spins but there isn't any looseness or movement from the hub on the spindle.
If you go to about the 2:40 mark of the linked video you can see our installer putting on a castle nut.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended Hubs And Brakes For A 2016 Keystone Cougar Xlite 28RLS
- 3,500 lb Timbren Axle-Less Trailer Suspension For Use With Large Tires & 6 on 5-1/2 Hub Bolt Pattern
- What Type Of Grease Do The Bearings On Trailer Hub and Drum Assembly # AKHD-655-6-EZ-K Come With?
- Option to Replace 3,500 lb Axle if None Have Right Measurements
- Replacement Hub for #42 Spindle on Homemade Trailer
- Is It Possible To Use 17-1/2" Wheels For 5/8" Studs On Hub With 9/16" Studs?
- Will etrailer EZ Lube Hub AKHD-655-6-EZ-K Fit an AL/KO Axle Rated for 4400 Pounds
- Replacement Hub and Drum Assembly for 12 x 2 Inch Brakes
- Adding 6k lbs Capacity Disc Brakes to Lippert 5200 Axles
- Who Makes the Bearings for AxleTek/etrailer Trailer Hub and Drum Assemblies
- Hub/Drum and Brake Assemblies For a AL-KO 5,200LB Axle
- Does AKHD-655-6-EZ-K Pre-Lubed 3500 lb Hub Drum Need Additional Grease Before Installation
- How Many Hub and Drum Assemblies Are Included In The Trailer Hub and Drum Assembly AKHD-655-6-EZ-K?
- Hub and Drum Compatibility For Timbren Axle-less Suspension 5200-lbs
- Determining Axle Capacity on 1978 Enclosed Gooseneck Trailer
- Can a Hub with Outer Bearing 15123 and LM67048 Both Fit Same Spindle
- Replacement Wheel Stud for Easy Grease Trailer Hub and Drum Assembly for 5.2K & 6K Axles
- Should There Be Any Play After Installing An Easy Grease Trailer Hub and Drum Assembly
- Hubs and Electric Brake Assemblies for M1010A2 Military Trailer
- Wheel and Tire that Fits Dexter Hub 8-249
- Replacement Hub/Drums and Brake Assemblies for Trailer with 5,200 lb Axle
- Does Lippert 5,200 lb Axle and Dexter 5,200 lb Axle Use Same Bearings and Hubs
- Replacement Brakes and Hubs for a 2019 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2614BS
- Which Hubs/Drum Assembly and Brakes for Timbren Axle-Less Suspension 3500-lbs with 4 Lift
- Replacement 10 Inch Brake Drum/Hub for 4400 Lb Trailer Axle
- Converting from 5 on 4-1/2 Inch Trailer Hubs to 6 on 5-1/2 Inch Hubs
- Replacement Hub and Drum Assemblies with Inner Bearing 25580 and Outer Bearing 15123
- Replacement Hubs Compatible with Dexter Mobile Home Axle
- Recommended Hub and Drum Assembly and Electric Brakes for a Timbren Axle-Less TASR5200S05