bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

4-Pole to 5-Pole Wiring Adapter for 2018 Ford F-150 Towing Boat Trailer with Surge Coupler


Hi, I have a 2018 f 150 super crew cab 4x4. It has a factory four plug for lights etc. My boat trailer has surge brakes and i need to disengage the solenoid to let me back the trailer up. What kind of plug harness do i need? I would like to get a type that splices into the vehicle wiring with a tee plug. Do you carry those?


Expert Reply:

We have an adapter you can use to provide your boat trailer with the reverse light signal its surge coupler solenoid needs to allow you to reverse the trailer. You can use any of the adapters shown on the linked page but I recommend the Tekonsha option, part # 20036, since over the years we have found their wiring products to be the most reliable. The blue wire will splice into your reverse light circuit's wiring and then connect to the plug on the adapter.

We do not offer any complete 5-pole wiring harnesses for your truck although such products do exist for some vehicles, such as Curt part # C56594 which fits the GMC Terrain and Chevy Equinox.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>