Replacing the Taillights On a 2003 Monaco Knight Motorhome
I have to replace the lights old and cracked, with red white wires, the new lights are red and black wires. How to wire these new lights, red / red , white/ black ??
asked by: Jon H
The wires on your new taillights should be labeled. If they are not labeled then all you need to do is apply 12 volt power to each wire to see which function it activates. Then for the motorhome you will need to use a circuit tester and test each of the wires for the taillights while they are active. That will then let you know which wire goes where (red to red or white to black).
The reason you must test is because one light/motorhome manufacturer can use a red wire for the stop/turn and another can use a green or yellow wire for the stop/turn so there isn't a standard to go by. This is the only tried and true way to determine which wire is for which function on a taillight/motorhome.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Replacement Rear Taillights and Clearance Light Bar for Boat Trailer
- Upgrading To LED Trailer Lights For a Heritage Trailer Carrying 2003 Lund Fisherman Boat
- Replacement Tail Lights For Diamond City Angler 2072 Boat Trailer
- Recommended Replacement Marker Lights for 1998 Trailstar Boat Trailer
- Replacement Tail Light and Lenses For a 2020 Load Rite LR-AB21T5200102TB1 Boat Trailer
- Does it Matter Which Post of Optronics Trailer Taillight # TLL160RK Ground Terminal is Ran to
- Replacement Tail Light Lenses For Kenway Trailer Lights # 64274 From Harbor Freight
- Complete LED Lighting and Wiring Kit for a Trailer Over 80 Inches Wide
- How Far Apart are the Mounting Points on the Optronics TLL160RK?
- Recommended LED Lights to Replace Tail Lights on 2000 EZ Loader Boat Trailer
- Determining If Optronics LED Tail Lights TLL160RK Fit A 2006 Tracker Trailstar Trailer
- What is a Good Replacement for the Wesbar 105826?
- LED Trailer Taillight that Has Mounting Studs that are 4 inches Apart
- Replacement LED Tail Lights for 2002 Ranger Boat Trailer
- Can Optronics Trailer Taillight Kit TLL160RK be Used on H and H Utility Trailer
- Does Install of LED Trailer Taillights Require Load Resistors
- Replacement Tail Lights for Boat Trailer
- Can LED and Incandescent Lights be Used at the Same Time on a Boat Trailer
- Adding a 7-Way Trailer Connector to a Trailer
- Can Ground Strap of Optronics Trailer Taillight TLL160RK Connect to Trailer Wiring
- Replacement Taillight Solution for Lens Number S2T216AP2
- Tracker Boat Trailer Optronic Brake/Left Blinker Stopped Working Replacement Light Solution
- Replacement Lens for Optronics Tail Light S2T216AP2
- What Is Needed To Upgrade Trailer Tail Lights to LED
- Which LED Trailer Tail Lights Fit A 2003 Shorelandr Galvanized Boat Trailer?
- Replacement 8x3 Submersible Tail Light for 2007 Four Winns Horizon 200 Boat Trailer