Putting Transmission in Park for Flat Towing a 2019 Buick Envision
Followed the manual instructions for putting transmission in park. Manual says “press start button and move to park and then press start button off.” Problem is you cannot move into Neutral without starting the car. Started car and moved to neutral and press the start button off. Chime goes off and stays on info saying put in park. It is a 2019 Envision Premium II AWD...
asked by: Dave S
I looked up the online owner's manual for your 2019 Buick Envision and on page 310 it states to turn the ignition on, and shift the transmission to N(Neutral), then to turn the ignition off. I'm not sure where you are reading your instructions at but you want to make sure it is under the heading for Dinghy, Flat, or Recreational Towing.
Please note that the manual also calls for fuses 29 and 32 to be removed from the body control module (in the instrument panel fuse block). I recommend using the Roadmaster FuseMaster Fuse Bypass Switch # RM76512 so that you just have to flip a switch to disconnect them instead of physically removing them.
For a complete flat towing setup you will need a base plate kit, tow bar, safety cables, vehicle tow bar wiring, a supplemental braking system, and possibly a high-low adapter. If you do not have all of these components just let me know and I can make some additional recommendations for you.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Fuse Bypass Switch Recommendation for 2018 Chevy Sonic being Flat Towed
- Fuse Bypass For 2014 Honda CRV Flat Tow
- Does 2018 Honda Accord Manual Transmission Need to Just be Put in Neutral to Flat Tow
- Unlocking Steering Wheel of 2019 Buick Envision to Flat Tow it
- Troubleshooting Installation of Roadmaster FuseMaster Bypass On 2019 Buick Envision
- Which Roadmaster Fuse Bypass is Recommended for 2014 Honda CR-V
- Battery Draining When Flat Towing a 2014 Ford Explorer Behind a Motor Home
- Which Fuses Need Pulled On a 2012 Honda CR-V Before Being Towed
- Will 2-Fuse Bypass Still Operate for Single-Fuse Application
- Why do Fuses Need to be Pulled on 2018 Chevy Malibu When Flat Towing
- Do Fuses of Honda CR-V Need to Still be Pulled When Flat Towing if Battery Charger is Used
- Fuse Bypasses for Flat Tow Wiring on 2011 Chevy Cruze
- Solution to Not Have To Physically Pull Fuses Every Time You Flat Tow
- Fuse Bypass Switch Recommendation for a 2014 Honda CR-V
- Recommended FuseMaster Switch for Fuses of 2012 Chevy Cruze when Flat Towed
- Is the Fuse Bypass Still Needed On a 2012 Honda CR-V If Battery Charge Line Is Installed
- Troubleshooting A Dead Towed Vehicle Battery While Using The Blue Ox Patriot Braking System
- What Fuses Need to be Pulled to Flat Tow a 2017 Buick Envision
- Why Is There A Dinging Noise Even After Pulling Fuses To Flat Tow A 2020 Buick Envision
- Battery Drains While Flat Towing 2011 Ford Edge
- Complete Flat Towing Setup And Fuse Bypass Kit For A 2018 Buick Envision?
- Pulling Fuses to Flat Tow 2019 Chevy Sonic with Keyless Entry
- Availability of 4-Pin Roadmaster FuseMaster Fuse Bypass
- Fuse Bypasses for Flat Towing a 2013 Honda CR-V Behind a Motor Home
- Fuse Bypass Recommendation for a 2013 Honda CR-V for Flat Towing
- Which Fuses Need to Be Removed to Flat Tow 2011 Cadillac SRX
- Ignition and Shifting Procedure for Towing a 2014 Honda CR-V Behind an RV
- What Is The Process For Prepping a 2020 Buick Envision To Be Flat Towed?
- Flat Tow Prep Needed For A 2020 Buick Envision