Transmission Cooler for a 1988 Lazy Dave RV on a Chevy G30 Van Chassis
1st, wondering if this is the right part for 1988 chevy g30 van which is the chassis/engine for my 24foot Lazy Daze RV. 2nd, Will this part now bypass my radiator? Thanks! Derale Series 8000 Plate-Fin Transmission Cooler Kit
asked by: Michael B
Transmission coolers are not vehicle specific so anyone that will fit in the space you have in the engine compartment you can use. Adding the cooler will not bypass the existing cooler which is located inside the radiator. Adding a cooler provides supplemental cooling to the factory cooler.
The traditional way to install an additional cooler is in line with the factory line that leads back to the transmission. You will have one hose that goes from the transmission to the radiator and another that comes out from the radiator to the transmission. The return line will go to the Derale cooler and then from the Derale cooler back to the transmission.
I have included some links to FAQ articles and a typical installation of a transmission cooler for you to view.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended Class IV Transmission Cooler for a 2008 Honda Pilot
- Where Can Derale Transmission Cooler be Installed on 2016 Ford F-150
- Installing Derale Series 8000 Transmission Cooler # D13503 On A 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan
- Transmission Cooler for 2000 Ford F-250 Towing Heavy 5th Wheel Trailer
- Recommended Transmission Cooler For a 2019 Ram 1500 With Pentastar 3.6L Engine
- Recommended Parts for 2004 Ford E250 5.4 V8 Towing Trailer
- Recommended Transmission Cooler for 2011 Toyota Tacoma 4.0 V6
- Recommended Transmission Cooler for 2019 Chevy Colorado Z71
- Is There A Benefit To Running Two Aftermarket Transmission Coolers Compared To Just One?
- Transmission Cooler Recommendation for 2019 Honda Pilot with 6 Speed Transmission
- Is the Included Adapter of the Derale Cooler # D13503 Used to Install Transmission Cooler
- Comparing Plate Fin Oil Cooler With Fan Remote Cooler For a 2011 Ford F-150 With 3.5L EcoBoost
- Stacked Plate Transmission Cooler For 1999 Dodge Durango 4X4
- Installing a Transmission Cooler on a 2000 Honda Odyssey
- Transmission Cooler and Power Steering Cooler Recommendation for a 2005 Acura MDX
- Do Supplemental Transmission Coolers Go Before or After Factory Coolers
- Parts Needed for Installing a Derale # D13503 Transmission Cooler on 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L
- Recommended Transmission Cooler for a 2010 Jeep Wrangler 3.6L V6
- Transmission Cooler Recommendation for 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Liter Towing Travel Trailer
- Transmission Cooler Recommendation for a 2007 GMC Yukon XL
- Available Class III Transmission Coolers for 2018 Ford F-150 with 2.7L V6 EcoBoost Engine
- Should a Transmission Cooler be Installed on a 2016 Honda Odyssey for Towing Just One Time
- Best Transmission Cooler for a 2018 Ford Explorer
- Recommend Transmission Cooler For Towing 4,100 Trailer w/ 2010 Toyota 4Runner
- Where Should a Transmission Cooler be Mounted on a 2002 Acura MDX
- Can a 3rd Transmission Cooler be Added to a 2013 GMC Yukon XL
- Fit and Parts Needed to Install Derale Transmission Cooler # D13503 in 2011 Chevrolet Traverse
- Availability Of Redarc Tow-Pro Electric Brake Controller Mounting Kit EBMK-001
- Transmission Cooler Recommendation for a 2004 Nissan Titan
- Transmission Cooler Recommendation for 2010 Chrysler Town and Country