bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Could 30 Amp RV Adapter Be Used on Outlet With Loose Pins


The male prongs on the end of my 30-amp line Winnebago View are a bit loose in the rubber plug. Id like to use a 30a to 30a adapter instead of replacing the plug or entire cord with plug. Will the CAM55333 fit this purpose to install a short plug on the end of the current cord and protect the prongs from further wear? If not plugged into the Cummins Onan 3,600 watt Microlite generator receptacle, I use a Progressive EMS when plugging into a campsite receptacle. Will this CAM55333 allow me operate appliances as I do now, e.g., microwave, a/c, generator?


Expert Reply:

The Power Grip Generator Plug Adapter for RV Power Cord # CAM55333 that you referenced installed on your loose plug will work and allow you to have full function and amperage of the system. It does change the plug style though from standard 30 amp plug to a 30 amp twist lock style plug. That would be the only thing you'd need to consider.

I'd rather recommend you fix the problem with a new socket like the Mighty Cord Power Inlet part # A10-30INVP though as it's unknown how long the adapter solution might hold up.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>