bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Choosing the Best Ball Mount for a 2007 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE


I have a 07 RR Sport HSE with the very low sitting, under frame/bumper factory slide-in hitch receiver. It would appear I need a ball mount with several inches of rise to be level with the tent trailer I intend to tow. I would prefer a solid mount but if an adjustable mount is what is needed, then so be it. I would also like the mount to have a sway bar mount/adapter. The adapters do not appear to work if the mount is in the rise position or am I incorrect? Is your Adjustable Ball Mount w/ Sway Control my best option? What is the length of this mount? The average I have seen seems to be 12. It seems I need about that much to clear my bumper. Thank you for your time.


Expert Reply:

In order to determine the correct rise you will need, have the Land Rover and the trailer parked on level ground. Measure from the ground to the top of the receiver opening on the trailer hitch. Then, with the trailer level, measure from the ground to the bottom of the coupler.

If the coupler is higher, the difference is the amount of rise you will need. You can then go through our ball mount main page, linked for you, to find the ball mount options that fit your needs.

The sway control bracket, # RP26003, can be used on a ball mount in the drop or rise position. For a friction sway bar, you can use # 83660. I have included a link to an FAQ article on choosing the best ball mount for you.

The adjustable ball mount with sway control you are talking about is related to weight distribution systems.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>