Replacement Wishbone Style 4-Way Trailer End Plug
My 4 pin plug coming off of my boat trailer has five wires. Two of the wirea yellow. I can not find a plug that has 2 yellow wires to replace it.
asked by: David E
Thanks for that photo and what you have is a wishbone style wiring harness, although the colors are inconsequential for a harness because there isn't a standard wiring code that is color-for-color. You can replace your harness with the Wesbar Wishbone Wiring Harness with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector - Trailer End # 002402 but you will need to wire it by function.
This means you'll have to apply 12 volts to your wires via a battery to determine the function of the wires so you can connect the new trailer plug. Or you can try and trace the wires back to determine the function of each, though this can be pretty tricky.
I have added a link to a video review of the Wesbar Wiring Harness for you as well as a link to a help article on trailer wiring which I highly recommend taking a look at.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Will a Trailer 4-Way Plug Into a Vehicle 5-Way Without Adapter
- How to Convert a Wishbone 5-Way to a Wishbone 4-Way Trailer Connector
- 4-Way for Vehicle Side to Match Wesbar Wishbone 4-Way # 002402
- What Gauge Wire Does The Westbar Wishbone Wiring Harness Use?
- Installing New 4 Way Connector on Trailer with Yellow, Green, Yellow/Brown and Green/Brown Wires
- Replacement Trailer 4-Way Recommendation for 4-Way with 6 Wires Ran to It
- Trailer Wiring Connector for Trailer 4-Way Wiring That Has 8 Wires
- Availability of 18 inch Long Wishbone 4-Way Trailer Wiring Harness
- Is a Longer Version of Wesbar 002402 Trailer Wiring Harness Available
- Can Trailer with Brown Yellow and Brown Green Wires Run to Standard 4-Way
- Troubleshooting 4-Way Trailer Wiring with 5 Wires That Isnt Working Correctly
- Replacement 4-Way for Trailer with 5 Wires Ran to It
- Replacement 4-Way Flat Trailer Connector Recommendation with 5 Wires
- Recommended Solution to Re-Wire 4 Way Trailer Plug with 8 Wires
- How to Connect 5 Wires on Trailer to 4-Way Connector
- Replacement 4-way Connector For 2018 Shorelandr Boat Trailer With Two Brown and White Wires
- Troubleshooting Trailer Lighting Where One Side Running Light and Other Side Blinker Doesn't Work
- Recommended 4-way To 5-way Adapter For Motorcycle Towing Motorcycle Trailer
- Replacement 4-Way Solution for Trailer Wiring 4-Way that Has 6 Wires
- Recommended Trailer End 4-way Connector To Replace Incorrect End On Trailer
- Replacement 4-Way Recommendation for Trailer with 7-Wires
- How To Convert 7-way European On Trailer To US 4-way Flat Connector
- Wesbar Trailer Side 4-Way Recommendation with Short Wire Leads
- Replacement 4-Way for Trailer that Has 8 Wires Ran to Connector
- Wiring for Five Trailer Wires to 4-pin Connector on Tow Vehicle
- Recommended Replacement 4-Pole Trailer Connector for Wishbone Type Trailer Wiring Harness
- 4-Way for Trailer Wiring Where There is 5 Wires
- Recommended Lights for Aluminum Cargo Carrier on a 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML550
- How to Make 4-Way to 12 Volt Power Outlet