Where Are the Fuses Located For Trailer Lights On a 2015 Ford F-250
Are there any other fuses besides the inside and engine fuse panels that I should check. I have a 2015 F250 with factory installed hitch and wiring. I have no lights at all on my boat trailer 4 pin and on my 16 ft utility trailer which is a 7 pin neither work. I checked all the relevant fuses in the engine compartment and inside fuse panel. I was thinking that there may be a fuse in the wiring between the plugs and connector. I am stumped. Thanks
asked by: Nick M
Helpful Expert Reply:
There are several fuses and relays you need to check for the trailer lights on your 2015 Ford F-250 and they are located in the engine bay and interior fuse box. There are no other fuses or relays that relate to the trailer lighting circuits so if you don't have lights once these are checked and or replaced then first make sure the pigtail at the back of the trailer connector is secure but if so then you will just need to take the vehicle in for service as it could be an issue with the computer.
If you have power at the wires behind the trailer connector but not at the pin inside the trailer connector then this will need to be replaced with the Trailer Connector Socket part # HM40975.
Featured Help Information
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: 2021 Ram ProMaster 1500 Trailer Wiring Recommendation for 4-Way and 7-Way Sockets
- Q&A: Recommended Hitch and Wiring Harness for a 2024 Kia Telluride
- Q&A: 7-Way Relocation Option for 2014 Ford F-250 Installing Curt Hitch 14335
- Q&A: Trailer Tow Package Turn Signal Fuse and Relay Locations on a 2010 Ford F-150
- Q&A: Replacing Wired Remote With Wireless Remote For Happijac Electric Jacks