Can SeaSucker Roof Rack Be Used in Cold Weather Climates
Thank you...I also had read that on their website. I guess you don't have further experience from customers. I am also particularly concerned about how to lock the rack with a season long attachment with a cargo box. They don't seem to have a lock option that would lock the box and racks. Are you aware of a lock for the Seasucker racks? They could really be down and the window luck send only for attached bikes and a smashed window would be the end of that
asked by: Mike
We've asked SeaSucker in the past about using their racks like the # 298-SX6000B you referenced in cold temperatures and they have told us that as long as the vacuum cups are room temperature when you install them on the vehicle you are fine. They need to be pliable to seal properly but once installed the cold weather is not an issue at all. According to them a lot of customers use their roof racks for carrying their gear for extreme snow sports so they can withstand cold temperatures easily.
To lock this you'd want to use the window cable anchor part # 298-BA0010 with a cable lock like # MPG357. The anchor gets shut in the window which gives an attachment point for the cable lock to wrap around. This is the only way we have to lock this style of roof rack.
Most roof accessories have locks built into them to lock them to the crossbars.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Roof Bike Racks
- Trunk Bike Racks
- Lock Parts
more information >
- Cable Locks
- Utility Lock
- Keyed Unique
- 10 Feet Long
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Roof Rack Recommendation for 2019 Ford F-150 Crew Cab for Carrying Ladders
- Roof Rack For 2017 Tesla Model X to Carry Kayaks
- How to Carry Multiple Snowboards and Skis on a 2016 Kia Sorento
- Does SeaSucker Roof Rack # 298-SX6000B Fit Both 2012 Toyota Prius C and 2019 Honda Ridgeline
- What Roof Bike Rack is Used in SeaSucker Roof Rack part # 298-SX6000B Test Course Video
- Fit And Compatibility Of SeaSucker Monkey Bars Roof Rack W/ Convertible 2012 Volkswagen Eos
- What Roof Rack and Kayak Carrier Do You Recommend for a 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan?
- Can you Mount a Yakima Roof Rack on a Diamondback Se Tonneau Cover
- Recommended Roof Rack for a 2020 Ford Explorer Without Side Rails
- Can You Leave the SeaSucker Monkey Bars Installed on the Roof When Not in Use?
- How To Lock The SeaSucker Monkey Bars Roof Rack To A Vehicle
- Recommended Roof Rack For 2013 Chevy Tahoe With Naked Roof
- Recommended Roof Rack That Can Be Swapped Between Different Vehicles
- Are There Straps That Are Involved in the Installation of the SeaSucker Monkey Bars?
- How To Carry 2 Kayaks On 2018 Silverado 2500 While Pulling 5th Wheel Trailer
- Roof Rack Recommendation for a 2023 Kia Carnival EX with a Naked Roof
- Recommended Crossbars for a 2010 Toyota Avalon
- Roof Rack and Ski Carrier That Can Be Moved Between 3 Different Vehicles
- Roof Rack for 2020 Mini Cooper With Naked Roof
- Kayak Carrier For A 2017 Winnebago Travato 59 K
- Will the SeaSucker Monkey Bars Roof Rack Work On a Subaru BRZ
- Compatibility of SeaSucker Monkey Bars Roof Rack on 2008 StarCraft RT10 Pop-Up Tent Trailer
- Roof Rack for 2004 Buick Regal 4-door Sedan
- Roof Rack Recommendation for a 2014 Smart fortwo
- Crossbar And Kayak Carrier Recommendation For A 2012 Toyota Avalon
- Is the SeaSucker Monkey Bars Roof Rack Safe for Long Distance Trips
- Does SeaSucker Monkey Bars # 298-SX6000B Need to Be Removed to Go Through Carwash
- Which Roof Rack Will Work For My 2017 Chevrolet Traverse Naked Roof?
- Best Cross Compatible Roof Rack For A Leased 2020 Mazda CX-5
- Yakima FatCat Ski/Snowboard Carrier Moving on SeaSucker Monkey Bar Roof Rack System