bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

If it Possible to Swap Legs on OEM Ford Reese 5th Wheel to Fit Ram OEM 5th Wheel Puck System


I have a Factory Reese Hitch that fitted the puck system from my old 2011 Ford F350 that I kept when I sold it. Now I have a 2016 Dodge 3500 with the puck system as well and Im wondering if I purchase the base arches for the dodge if the will bolt to the center section of the Reese hitch that came with my ford. The number off the hitch i have is BC3j-5B110-AB which is a Ford PN.


Expert Reply:

What you're wanting to do is possible, but it won't be inexpensive. Unfortunately, the upgrade won't involve just a new set of legs, you'll need a new center section as well as the hitch version that fits the Ford OEM and the Ram OEM puck system use different center sections. The replacement center section is part # RP30863 and the replacement legs are part # RP30864. When you add up the price of the center section an the legs, the entire replacement hitch, part # RP30918 isn't much more expensive.

If you did decide to just replace the entire hitch, you could recoup some of your investment by selling the old hitch locally.

expert reply by:
Mike L

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>