bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommendation to Convert Roller Bunks to Carpeted Bunks for Grumman Sport Boat Trailer


Hi there, I have an old Holsclaw trailer that i want to use for a grumman sport boat. I believe the roller bunks will put indentations into the bottom of the hull so i want to convert it to wooden , possibly contoured bunk boards as there is no straight line on this model boat where it meets the trailer. Any suggestions? Thank you,


Expert Reply:

We have a large selection of carpeted bunk boards that will work well to replace the rollers on your trailer and help protect your new boat. I'm not quite sure how long of boards you are needing for your particular Grumman Sport Boat so I have attached a link below that will take you to our complete selection.

You can then pair the boards with swivel brackets like the CE Smith # CE10000G-4, which feature a swivel design that will let you tilt the boards to match the contours of your boat.

Also, if by chance the existing rollers on your trailer are simply mounted to bunk boards you could also just remove the roller assemblies and add carpet to the boards instead of replacing them completely. We have marine-grade carpeting available in a variety of sizes, such as the 18' x 18" # CE11349. I have attached a link to our full selection below.

expert reply by:
Chris R

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>