bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Parts Needed to Convert From 7-Round Pin on Trailer to Connect to 4-Flat on Vehicle


Can you tell me where I can get a 7 pin round to 4 pin flat convertor please. See the picture below. Also, what is it actually called. I think it is the Australian connector. It is an odd connector.


Expert Reply:

The best solution for you, since there are no plug-in adapters to connect to your vehicle's 4-flat with a 7-round, is to remove the (soon to be obsolete) 7-round on your trailer. Since you have a 4-flat on your vehicle and only need those functions you will cut off the 7-round and install the Wesbar 4-Pole Flat Connector w/ Jacketed Cable - Trailer End - 4' Long # W787264. You will simply wire the connector by function using Butt Connectors # DW05744-5. I have added a link to a help article on trailer wiring for you to check out to help with this.

Your other option is to use a pair of adapters, the Adapter 4-Pole to 7-Pole # 37185 on your vehicle and the Trailer Connector Adapter - 7-Way RV Style Blade Plug to 7-Pole Round Pin # 47595 on your trailer. Since you have a 4-flat on your vehicle you will still only get the turn signal, brake light and running light functions.

I have added links to video reviews for you to check out as well.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Kyle S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>