Will Draw Tite Hitch for 2019 Nissan Murano Allow Hands Free Lift Gate to Function
The Draw-tite hitch installation on my brand new 2019 Nissan Murano SL AWD was quick and easy. The hands-free lift gate triggered a few times while I was underneath it cleaning the threaded weld nuts. But, contrary to your installation videos, it hasnt worked since the install was complete. An exact quote from the dealers work order: TECH FOUND AFTER MARKET HITCH TO BE BLOCKING SENSORS UNDER VEHICLE. TECH PRICED OUT NEW SENSOR AT $415.33 + 1 HOUR LABOR. TECH ALSO PRICED OUT NEW OEM HITCH AT $400. NO REPAIRS MADE AT THIS TIME.inch They say the new sensor is located differently from the original and they have to replace the sensor when installing their OEM hitch. They did say that a new sensor would probably work with the Draw-tite. I hope theyre not holding their breath waiting for me to try that option! Any thoughts, suggestions or questions?
asked by: Sid S
That's a bummer to hear that your hitch interfered with the hands free lift gate. When we installed the Draw Tite hitch part # 75952 on a 2019 Nissan Murano we were able to still trigger the lift gate by kicking to either side of the hitch opening. If you haven't tried that yet I would see if that works before buying a new hitch and sensor.
As far as the new sensor working with the Draw Tite us and the dealers can't really say for sure since neither of us have tested that combination of parts. I would think it would work fine though.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: 2018 Nissan Murano Recommended Parts for Towing a Small Trailer
- Q&A: Recommended Hitch Mounted Bike Rack for RadCity Step-Thru Electric Commuter Bike
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Protecting Vehicle Paint from Scratches When Using Magnetic Towing Light Kit # TL21RK
- Q&A: Demco SS Tow Dolly Left Side Fender and Fender Bracket Replacement
- Q&A: Recommended Wiring For Tow Dolly And Vehicle Lights For Towing Behind Motorhome
- Q&A: Demco Kar Kaddy Replacement Hub & Wheel DM04369 Bolt Pattern
- Q&A: Trouble Threading Trailer Hitch Bolts On 2016 Nissan Murano
- Article: Ball Mount Basics: Weight Capacity, Class, and Size
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Article: How to Adjust Your Trailer Brakes | The Ultimate Guide
- Article: Routing the Power Wire for a Trailer Wiring Harness