bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Converting Pintle Setup of M416 Stevens Military Trailer to Lock N Roll Articulating Coupler


I have a Stevens m416 trailer to pull with my 14 jk and want to switch from pintle to an articulating hitch system and I also want to extend the tung. What do I need to buy to make that happen?


Expert Reply:

Since your Stevens M416 has an A-frame design the correct coupler setup you'd need for your trailer to use a Lock N Roll Articulating Coupler would be the part # 336TS504 which was designed for A-frame trailers for a direct fit that won't extend the trailer tongue. This would have to be welded on which I am sure you wouldn't have an issue with.

If you were really wanting to extend the tongue of the trailer out though you'd have to use the # 336TS508 instead and find someone willing to fabricate a 3 inch long tongue extension for the front of the trailer.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>