bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Will the Replacement Manual Lift Control Knob FVK1140-09 Work In Place of the Flower Style Knob


I have a parts list card for my vent fan that shows the lift knob, extension and screw C-A-B not sure what the C-A-B means as part number K1140. When I search I’m shown either a wing type knob or a more round type. Mine is more round with grip ears but it also has a metal loop on it that allows me to open and close the vents using a rod with a hook bent at the end since the knob is hard to reach. The shaft the knob fits to is splined with a Phillips screw. Can you please give some direction? I have three fans in my RV and two of the knobs have split and will not turn the shaft. Thanks,


Expert Reply:

The Replacement Manual Lift Control Knob part # FVK1140-09 is actually the redesigned version of the flower shaped knob that you have now. The flower shaped version you have is no longer available but the above will work unless you need to still be able to reuse the tool for turning the handle as this is more or less obsolete with the new knob design. That said, you can upgrade your unit with the Fan-Tastic Vent 7350 Series Upgrade Kit part # FV807359 so you can control the fan with a wireless remote but these are your only options.

expert reply by:
Conner L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>