How To Determine Height Setting For The Highjacker Autoslide Be Set At For A 2019 Ram 2500
One reason I went with the Demco Hijacker is I can adjust the height of the hitch for the multiple trailers I planned to buy. Well I just purchased my second one and I'm unclear if I'm supposed to start with the hitch at it's lowest position for the new trailer?
asked by: Roy
The adjustable height feature of the Highjacker # DM8550034 is one of it's greatest assets for sure. To get started you'll need to take some measurements. Measure from the ground to the king pin on your pin box and then measure from the ground to bed of your 2019 Ram 2500. You will need a minimum of 5-6" of bed rail to trailer clearance per the attached diagram.
Next choose which height setting (15-1/4", 16-1/2", and 18") is the best for your application. If you don't have enough bed rail clearance with your trailer level then you may need to add a little height.
I've included some video resources as well for additional information.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Automatic Sliding Fifth Wheel Hitch that Fits Factory Rail Kit of 2019 Ram 2500 Short Bed
- Availability of Alternative Autosliding 5th Wheel Hitch to the PullRite SuperGlide
- How to Use a MOR/ryde Pin Box with a Demco Hijacker Autoslide 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch
- Recommended 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch for 2011 Ford F-250/350 with Short Bed
- Automatic Sliding Fifth Wheel Hitch and Rail Kit Recommendation for 2008 Toyota Tundra
- Best Above Bed 5th Wheel Hitch for a 2015 Ford F-350 Short Bed Without Factory Prep Package
- Recommendation for a 5th Wheel Hitch to Fit a 2014 Ram 2500 With 6 Ft. Bed
- Automatic Sliding Fifth Wheel Hitch for 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 with OEM Rail Kit
- Will a Demco Hijacker Fit 2018 Ford F-150 With 5-1/2 Foot Bed
- Mounting Rails For Demco Autoslide 5th Wheel Hitch In A 2015 Ram 3500 Without OEM Prep Pkg
- Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch for 2010 GMC Sierra 2500
- Recommended Demco Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch For 2022 Ford F-250 Super Duty With OEM Prep Package
- Will Demco Hijacker Autoslide 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch Fit in Long Bed Super Duty
- Too Much Slop When Starting and Stopping with Demco Autoslide 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch
- Recommended Fifth Wheel Hitch For 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 With Truck Bed Toolbox
- Is Demco Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch Compatible With Reese Adapter on Ram Factory Puck System
- Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch for a 2015 Ram 2500 with a B&W Turnover Gooseneck Ball
- Install Bracket Kit for Demco Hijacker 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch in a 2004 Dodge Ram Short Bed
- Demco Hijacker Autoslide Compatible with 2020 Ram 2500 with Factory Prep Package Pucks
- Best 5th Wheel Hitch For 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500 Short Bed Without OEM Prep Package
- Distance From Front of DM8550034 Demco Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch to Front of Bed on 2011 Ford F250
- Troubleshooting A Demco Hijacker Autoslide 5th Wheel Hitch that Won't Couple
- How to Determine Height Setting for Hijacker Autoslider When Used on a 2020 Ram 2500
- Automatic Sliding Fifth Wheel Hitch Recommendation for 2013 Chevy Silverado
- Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch for Towing a GVWR 16,250 lb Trailer with a 2006 Ram 3500 Short Bed
- How to Convert 18K Demco Hijacker to Fit Puck System on a 2019 Ford F-250 with a 6-3/4' Bed
- B&W Companion Slider Hitch for 2018 Ford F-350 Super Duty Short Bed with Factory Prep