Lift Kit Recommendation for Starcraft Satellite 17RB Travel Trailer
My Starcraft Satellite 17RB has some design flaws related to the the suspension. Chiefly, the travel of the suspension is greater than the distance between the tire and the fender, resulting in bottoming out the fender and in my case where the fender started coming off of the vehicle due to poor road conditions. I field repaired it. However, most of the articles posted regarding lift kits refer you to an Over-Under conversion kits which increases the height by up to 6. This would be too much lift for my Satellite 17RB. whereas I am only looking to increase the height by about two inches to gain some additional clearance. Would the following be an acceptable solution? Torflex Lift Kit - Single Axle - 2-5/8inch Lift
asked by: Charles
The Dexter Torflex Axle Lift Kit # K71-707-01 will only work if your Starcraft Satellite 17RB has a #10 Dexter Torflex 2-5/8" axle, and this kit will provide 2-5/8" lift for your travel trailer.
Alternatively, Dexter Trailer Springs Over/Under Kit for 3" axles # K71-385-00 won't work if you have a Torflex axle- so it's important to know what kind of axle you've got on your trailer. If you actually have a 2-3/8" round axle, this might potentially be an option, since it would potentially bring your lift into the 4" range.
If you can tell me what type of axle you have and the diameter of it, I can recommend which solution is going to work best for you in this case. It also may be worth measuring the height of your spring stack while you're down there just so we can get that information too.
The most difficult option to accomplish a lift would be cutting off your hangers and changing them all out for some taller ones. This also could be an option, but as I mentioned, it's going to involve a bit of welding work.
You'll want to check the axle sticker/plate on your trailer axle to determine what the specs are. If you can send me a picture of that I can confirm what you have and what lift kit is going to keep you from bottoming out in the future!
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Leaf Spring Suspension
- Alignment and Lift Kits
- Boat Trailer
- Car Hauler
- Snowmobile Trailer
- Utility Trailer
- Double Eye Springs
- Round Axle - 3 Inch
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Can Two Sets of Torflex Lift Kit # K71-707-01 be Used on Tandem Axle Trailer
- Lift Kit For a 2015 Forest River Rockwood High Wall 277 Camper With Dexter #10 Torflex Axle
- Best Torflex Lift Kit for Lippert Torsion Axle with 9 inch Spacing
- Correct Torflex Lift Kit for 1999 Starcraft Travelstar 17CK
- Which Lift Kit for Dexter Torflex #10 Axle
- Lift Kit that Fits Trailer with 3,000 lb Dexter Axle 2017 E-Pro 14FK
- Lift Kit for Exiss Aluminum Trailer with 3,500 lb Trailer Axles
- Lift Kit Recommendation for 2017 Geo Pro 19FBS
- Lift Kit for 2015 Airstream Bambi with Dexter 3,500 lb Torflex Axles
- Lift Kit Option For 2005 Jayco Jay Feather With Single Axle
- Lift Kit for 2019 Legend Trailer with 3,500 lb Torsion Axles
- Correct Lift Kit for a #10 Torflex Single Axle on a Lance 1575 Travel Trailer
- Recommended Lift Kit For 3,500lb Dexter Torsion Axles
- Lift Kit for Rockwood Mini Series Travel Trailer
- Lift for Dexter Torsion Axle on 2017.5 Lance 1995 Travel Trailer
- Lift Kit For 2016 Palomini 179 BHS Travel Trailer
- Lift Kit for my R-Pod 214-178
- 2017 A212HW Hardside Camper Lift Kit
- Lift Kit for a 2016 Casita Spirit Deluxe
- What Lift Kit Do I Need For A Lance 1575 With #10 Torflex Axle
- How to Determine Correct Lift Kit for Torsion Axle
- Correct Lift Kit for Dexter 3,500 lb Torflex Axle
- Lift Kit for 2011 Forest River R-Pod 171
- Recommended Lift Kit For 2015 Lance 1575 Trailer
- Recommended Lift Kit for 2021 Forest River Flagstaff E-Pro
- Lift Kit for 2015 Lance 1575 Trailer Trailer with Dexter Torflex Axle
- Lift Kit Recommendation for Dexter Torflex 2,200 lb Axle
- Determining if Torflex Lift Kit Can Be Used on 2015 Lance 2285 Trailer
- Correct Lift Kit for Jayco Jay Feather Lite x17z