bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Combination Transmission and Engine Oil Cooler for a 2006 Chrysler Town and Country


What class would this transmission cooler be rated? We are taking a trip through the rockies this summer and I want to be sure thi will be enough or if I should replace it with D13503 and a seperate oil cooler. Thanks


Expert Reply:

The Derale Combination Transmission and Engine Oil Cooler, # D15902, will work for your 2006 Chrysler Town and Country. The transmission cooler does not have a specific class rating, but will be similar to our Class I rated transmission coolers.

This kit is a universal fit and will install on any vehicle that has sufficient space. You will want to check and make sure there is room in front of your air conditioning condenser or radiator to install the cooler. This cooler measures 17 inches wide by 12-1/2 inches tall by 3/4 inches deep.

This kit includes multiple sleeve nuts, one of which will fit your vehicle and allows for easier installation by combining both coolers into one unit. If your vehicle uses PH16 oil filters or equivalent, then you will need to use the 3/4-16 engine thread size. I have attached articles on transmission and engine oil coolers for you to review.

For optimum performance, I would recommend the Derale Series 8000 Plate-Fin Transmission Cooler, # D13503, that you referenced and the Derale Stacked-Plate Engine Oil Cooler, # D15602. These coolers use more efficient cooling methods than the tube-fin design of the combination cooler. You will want to make sure you have room to mount this cooler and the additional engine oil cooler.

The Derale 8000 transmission cooler measures 11 inches wide by 8-3/4 inches tall by 7/8 inches deep and the engine oil cooler measures 13 inches wide by 4-9/16 inches tall by 2 inches deep. If space is available you can mount one cooler in front of the air conditioning condenser and the other in front of the radiator or however they will fit best. I have attached a photo showing the mounting location options you have to choose from.

expert reply by:
John H

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>