Troubleshooting License Plate Lights Not Working on Big Tex Trailers
on 2 different Big Tex 22GN trailers my licence plate light dont work. When I saw it the first time I was going to change the light, but they were both out, so I thought it would most likely be the fuse. Before I got to check I coupled a different trailer and notice the same lights were out. For sure has to be a fuse... I go to the fuse compartment and search for the fuse. Either my eyes are getting old or my mind is going quicker than I thought, but I can not locate the fuse for the licence plate light. Is there one? Are they one with the running lights but my running lights work? Is there a fused link at the lights themselves? Or do I just have 2 trailers with bad lights.
asked by: DAVID B
Helpful Expert Reply:
The license plate light is tied into the running light circuit on your Big Tex trailers so as long as your running lights are operating normally you just have a very coincidental issue with 2 different trailers. I'm not aware of any tail lights where the license plate light is separate (there wouldn't be a fuse in the tow vehicle either) so it should either be a bad bulb or a bad assembly on both trailers.
You can test this out by hooking those same trailers up to a different tow vehicle and then connecting your current tow vehicle to a 3rd trailer just to make sure.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Replacement Rear Taillights and Clearance Light Bar for Boat Trailer
- Upgrading To LED Trailer Lights For a Heritage Trailer Carrying 2003 Lund Fisherman Boat
- Replacement Tail Lights For Diamond City Angler 2072 Boat Trailer
- Recommended Replacement Marker Lights for 1998 Trailstar Boat Trailer
- Replacement Tail Light and Lenses For a 2020 Load Rite LR-AB21T5200102TB1 Boat Trailer
- Does it Matter Which Post of Optronics Trailer Taillight # TLL160RK Ground Terminal is Ran to
- Replacement Tail Light Lenses For Kenway Trailer Lights # 64274 From Harbor Freight
- Complete LED Lighting and Wiring Kit for a Trailer Over 80 Inches Wide
- How Far Apart are the Mounting Points on the Optronics TLL160RK?
- Recommended LED Lights to Replace Tail Lights on 2000 EZ Loader Boat Trailer
- Determining If Optronics LED Tail Lights TLL160RK Fit A 2006 Tracker Trailstar Trailer
- What is a Good Replacement for the Wesbar 105826?
- LED Trailer Taillight that Has Mounting Studs that are 4 inches Apart
- Replacement LED Tail Lights for 2002 Ranger Boat Trailer
- Can Optronics Trailer Taillight Kit TLL160RK be Used on H and H Utility Trailer
- Does Install of LED Trailer Taillights Require Load Resistors
- Replacement Tail Lights for Boat Trailer
- Can LED and Incandescent Lights be Used at the Same Time on a Boat Trailer
- Adding a 7-Way Trailer Connector to a Trailer
- Can Ground Strap of Optronics Trailer Taillight TLL160RK Connect to Trailer Wiring
- Replacement Taillight Solution for Lens Number S2T216AP2
- Tracker Boat Trailer Optronic Brake/Left Blinker Stopped Working Replacement Light Solution
- Replacement Lens for Optronics Tail Light S2T216AP2
- What Is Needed To Upgrade Trailer Tail Lights to LED
- Which LED Trailer Tail Lights Fit A 2003 Shorelandr Galvanized Boat Trailer?
- Replacing the Taillights On a 2003 Monaco Knight Motorhome
- Replacement 8x3 Submersible Tail Light for 2007 Four Winns Horizon 200 Boat Trailer