Recommended 7-Way Connector for 2019 Toyota Highlander for Trailer Lights
Hellooo. I need help I think. I have a Toyota Highlander, 2019. No towing package from the factory. The camper I will be pulling has a 7-Way connector but it doesn't have brakes. Just need to hook up for lights. How would I easiest install a 7-Way connector on my vehicle to match? Part numbers please thank you. I hope it's not too difficult....lol
asked by: Tina
We have everything you need to install a 7-Way connector on your 2019 Toyota Highlander and the process won't be difficult at all!
To start you will need to add a 4-Way trailer harness. For this I highly recommend the Tekonsha T-One # 118449, which is custom-designed to plug right into an existing port beneath the spare tire compartment in the Highlander's rear cargo area. This is a completely plug-and-play install and it will provide you with a 4-Way connector that can power a trailer's basic signal lights.
I have attached an installation video that you can also follow along with.
Then to convert this to a 7-Way to match your trailer you just need the Tow Ready Adapter # 30717. This is going to plug right into the newly installed 4-Way on your Highlander to provide you with a 7-Way connector at the other end. Since the trailer isn't equipped with brakes the only additional wire you need to worry about is the white one, which just gets attached to a bare, clean metal surface for ground. The remaining blue, yellow, and black wires can just be capped off as they aren't needed.
And that's it! You're ready to hook up and tow. I have attached a short video review on the adapter that you can check out as well.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Wiring
- Wiring Adapters
- Single-Function Adapter
- 0 - 5 Feet Long
- 4 Flat
- Plug and Lead
- 7 Round - Blade
- Tow Ready
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Shop: Brake Controller
- Shop: Trailer Wiring
- Shop: Tekonsha OEM Replacement Vehicle Wiring Harness w Brake Controller Adapter - 7 Way Trailer Connector
- Shop: Hopkins Plug-In Simple Vehicle Wiring Harness with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector
- Shop: Hopkins Plug-In Simple Wiring Harness for Factory Tow Package - 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector
- Shop: Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller - 1 to 4 Axles - Proportional
- Shop: Universal Installation Kit for Trailer Brake Controller - 7-Way RV and 4-Way Flat - 10 Gauge Wires
- Shop: Redarc Tow-Pro Liberty Brake Controller w/ Universal Wiring Harness - Dash Knob - Proportional
- Shop: Adapter 4 Pole to 7 Pole Vehicle End Trailer Connector
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Search Results: etbc7
- Q&A: Installing 7-Way Trailer Connector on 2019 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- Q&A: Adding A 7 way Plug To A 2019 Toyota Highlander With A Factory 4 Flat
- Q&A: Brake Controller and 7-Way Trailer Connector Installation for 2021 Toyota Highlander
- Q&A: How to Determine if a 2017 Toyota Highlander has a Factory Tow Package
- Shop: Towing Mirrors
- Video: CIPA Clip-On Universal Fit Towing Mirrors Installation - 2019 Toyota Highlander
- Search Results: brake controller
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
- Video: Choosing the Right Trailer Wiring
- Shop: Trailer Hitch
- Video: Choosing the Right Brake Controller
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Search Results: trailer brake controller
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Q&A: My Vehicle has a 4-Pin Trailer Plug, but Trailer has 7-Pin Trailer Plug
- Video: Redarc Tow-Pro Liberty Brake Controller Review
- Search Results: trailer hitch wiring
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch