bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Correct Rock Tamers Mud Flaps to Use on F-350 with 2-1/2" Hitch Using 2" Reducer and Ball Mount  


I have the Curt receiver hitch C15810 i purchased from Etrailer along with the reducer down to 2inch since all my original ball mounts were the 2inch version why buy all new 2-1/2inch ball mounts. So do i purchase the 2inch version or 2-1/2inch version of the Rock Tamer to fit my vehicle? If i purchase the 2inch version of the Rock Tamer will the U bolt that goes up to the receiver hitch be wide enough to fit over the 2-1/2inch receiver hitch tube? This is being used on a 2004 Ford F350 Super Duty Thanks


Helpful Expert Reply:

Since the ball mount you're using features a 2" shank you will need to go with the Rock Tamers Heavy-Duty Mud Flap System for 2" Hitches # ERT00108. The larger 2-1/2" hitch receiver on your truck won't cause any fit issues with this model Rock Tamers system and it will work perfectly.

I have attached a short video review that you can check out as well.

expert reply by:
Chris R

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Continue Researching

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>