Why is There Price Difference Between Curt and Yakima/Thule Roof Racks
Hi! Wondering why these are significantly cheaper than Yakima/Thule versions?
asked by: Rachel H
Helpful Expert Reply:
Yakima and Thule are the premium brand roof rack manufacturer. You are paying for basically the nicest roof rack components you can find. Anything that says Thule or Yakima will be very high quality and have a very well thought out design. What this means for you is that the components will be very easy to install due to the intuitive design, will perform flawlessly, and will last you a very long time.
The Curt roof rack components are on the value brand side of things and are also very new to the market so we don't know how they will perform over time. If you need something to use very rarely and need the best bang for your buck the # C18118 would be the ideal solution.
But for your 2010 Toyota 4Runner if you wanted the best the Thule Wingbar Evo rack part # TH711400 and # TH710401 is the way to go.
I attached a couple review videos for the mentioned racks for you to check out as well on a similar 4Runners.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Roof Rack
- 4 Pack
more information >
- Roof Rack
- Aero Bars
- 53 Inch Bar Space
- 2 Bars
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Will the Curt Roof Rack for Raised Side Rails Fit a 2022 Subaru Outback Wagon and Malone Cargo Box
- Roof Rack Fit For 2021 Nissan Armada With Raised Side Rails
- Recommended Crossbars for a 2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon
- Roof Rack Recommendation For 2022 Hyundai Tucson
- Is Curt Roof Rack # C18118 Compatible with Curt Adventurer Cargo Box
- How Does Curt Roof Rack # C18118 Fit Raised Side Rails of 2020 Subaru Outback
- Comparing Curt and Malone Roof Racks for a 2017 Subaru Forester
- SportRack Brand Ski Carrier Compatibility With Crossbars on 2014 Subaru Forester
- Crossbars For 2017 Toyota Sienna
- Troubleshooting Curt 18118 Crossbars That Wont Tighten
- Lower Priced Roof Rack for 2021 Ford Bronco Sport with Raised Rails
- Will My Roof Racks Fit Be Affected By My Raised Rails Narrowing At The Rear Of My Volkswagen Tiguan
- 2022 Subaru Outback Wagon Fitment with Curt Roof Rack
- Does Curt Roof Rack and SportRack Ski Carrier Fit 2020 Subaru Outback
- Will the Curt 18118 Roof Rails Fit on a 2018 Volvo XC90 and Work With Factory Cargo Box
- 2011 Ford Escape Roof Rack Side Rail Crossbar Recommendation
- What is the Difference Between Curt Roof Rack Crossbars and Thule Roof Rack with Evo Raised Feet?
- Roof Rack Crossbars Compatible with Thule Hullavator on 2018 Toyota 4Runner
- Is the Curt Roof Rack Compatible with Bike Carriers from Other Manufacturers?
- Roof Rack Recommendation for 2019 Subaru Crosstrek PHEV with Factory Flush Rails
- Recommended Thule Roof Rack for 2017 Honda HR-V WIth Bare Roof
- Easiest Way To Haul Rooftop Cargo With A 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
- How to Determine How Far Curt Roof Rack Would Over Hang Roof Rails of 2010 Subaru Forester
- Roof Rack for Raised Side Rails on a 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
- Recommended Roof Cargo Carrier for a 2018 Toyota RAV4
- Recommended Roof Rack Compatible with 2020 Subaru Outback Limited
- Can etrailer Kayak Carrier Fit on Curt Roof Rack Crossbars
- Video that Shows Install of Curt Roof Rack C18118
- What is a Cost Effective Roof Rack for my Toyota Sienna to Connect the Rhino Rack Sunseeker Awning