How to Trim Fascia on 2019 Honda CR-V to Install etrailer Hitch 398848
I ordered your etrailer hitch e98848. It says fascia trimming required for installation. Can you provide more info on how I will need to do this?
asked by: David K
To install the etrailer.com Trailer Hitch Receiver # e98848, you will need to trim a 3 inch square portion off the lower rear fascia, to allow the hitch receiver to come through. You'll want to mark your lines first and use a rotary tool to get the best results.
Right around the 4:00 mark on the linked installation video, you can see follow our installer Rob through this process.
If your 2019 Honda CR-V is equipped with the Hands Free Lift Gate feature, a 3 inch square portion off the sensor bracket will also need to be trimmed. Follow the directions outlined in the attached installation instructions to remove the sensor bracket and antenna (if present) before trimming.
I recommend using a trim removal tool # ALL648544 to save time and avoid breaking off any of the factory clips that hold the fascia on your CR-V.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Automotive Tools
- Fastening Tools
- Trim Removal Tool
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended Trailer Hitch for a 2023 Honda CR-V
- Does etrailer Hitch # e98848 Fit 2022 Honda CR-V
- Will Trailer Hitch Receiver for 2023 Honda CR-V Also Fit Hybrid
- Which Trailer Hitch Fits on a 2021 Honda CR-V Touring
- Recommended Trailer Hitch For A 2024 Honda CR-V Hybrid
- Availability of Trailer Hitch that Fits 2021 Honda CR-V Hybrid Touring
- Recommended 2" Trailer Hitch Receiver For a 2024 Honda CR-V Hybrid
- Trailer Hitch Receiver Fit For 2023 Honda CR-V Hybrid
- Recommended Hitch for a 2024 Honda CR-V Hybrid
- 2 Inch Hitch Receiver for a 2022 Honda CR-V Hybrid Touring
- Will The etrailer Class 3 Hitch e98848 Affect The Liftgate Sensor On A 2024 Honda CR-V?
- Bike Rack & Hitch Recommendations For 2021 Honda CR-V Hybrid
- Recommended Hitch for a 2023 Honda CRV Hybrid
- Will The Etrailer Hitch e98848 Fit A 2023 Honda CRV?
- Will the etrailer Hitch # e98848 Fit My Hybrid Model 2022 Honda CR-V?
- Comparing Trailer Hitch Receivers For 2017 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
- Replacement Mounting Hardware For etrailer Trailer Hitch Receiver # e98848
- Trailer Hitch that Fits 2022 Honda CR-V Hybrid
- Comparing Hidden Crosstube Trailer Hitches For 2021 Honda CR-V
- Recommended Trailer Hitch For A 2022 Honda CR-V Hybrid With Yakima FullTilt Bike Rack
- Comparing Draw-Tite, Curt, EcoHitch, and etrailer Trailer Hitches W/ 2" Receiver For 2021 Honda CR-V
- What Hitch Fits a 2023 Honda CR-V Hybrid?
- Does etrailer.com Trailer Hitch # E98848 Require Stabilizing Strap with Cargo Carrier
- Which Hitch is Better for a 2022 Honda CR-V the Draw-Tite or the etrailer?
- EcoHitch for 2021 Honda CR-V Touring hitch
- Frame Mounting Bolt Size For etrailer Trailer Hitch Receiver # e98848 on a 2021 Honda CR-V