Could Swagman Chinook Fold Down and Allow Rear Door of 2019 Mazda CX-5 to Open
with bikes loades, will this fold away and allow enough space to open the hatch on a 2019 mazda cx5?
asked by: Bryan M
Yes, based on our experiences with very similar vehicles with the Swagman Chinook 2 Bike Platform Rack # S64683 that you referenced your rear door would easily be able to open with the rack tilted down.
I attached a picture that shows the rear hatch of a very similar vehicle opening with the rack tilted down and you can see there's plenty of clearance.
If you need a trailer hitch installed as well the # e98902 provides very similar clearances to the hitch in the picture I attached. I also attached a review video for this rack on a similar SUV for you to check out as well.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Hitch
- Custom Fit Hitch
- Class III
- 600 lbs TW
- 4000 lbs GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Motor Home or RV
- Q&A: 2024 Subaru Forester Parts Needed to Properly Carry Thule Epos Bike Rack w/ LEDs
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Q&A: Can Swagman XTC-2 TILT # S64671 Carry Womens Bike Frame
- Q&A: Correct Hitch Lock and Cable For Swagman XTC-2 Tilt Bike Rack
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Q&A: Mounting Hole Spacing On the Lend-a-Hand Extra Large Folding Grab Handle
- Q&A: Will The Power Adapter # FR87PR Resolve Furrion Camera Power Issues Behind 2023 Chevrolet Tahoe?
- Q&A: Is the Furrion 7-Way Adapter Needed for a 2020 Ram 3500
- Q&A: Easiest To Install Trailer Hitch for a 2020 Toyota RAV4
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Fat Bikes
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)
- Article: Embrace Winter Wanderlust: Celebrate Holidays with Harvest Hosts
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Recumbent Bikes (2023)