bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Lock and Anti-Rattle Device That Can be Used with Solid Shank


I have a curt solid hitch shank, is there anything I can buy to lock the hitch shank and take away the wobble?


Expert Reply:

While you can both lock your accessory or ball mount as well as use an anti-rattle device, there isn't an option for a single device that will do both. For a solid shank what I recommend is using a simple hitch receiver lock, the Trailer Hitch Receiver Lock # e98880 with the Gen-Y Anti-Rattle Clamp # GY88XR, both of which are for 2" trailer hitches.

These are also available if you have a 1-1/4" hitch (Lock # e98879, Clamp # RM-061-125) or 2-1/2" hitch (Lock # e98881, Clamp # 325-GH-063).

I have added links to video reviews of these parts for you to check out as well.

expert reply by:
Kyle S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>