Determining if B&W Mounting Plate # BWPMHD14005 Will Fit in Rise Position on Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Do you know if part # BWPMHD14005 can be used in the rise position with the spare tire on the tailgate? They are stock Rubicon tires. The bumper and hitch are also stock, and the hitch sits just below the bumper. The shank appears long enough to clear the tire per my measurements, but Im worried that this plate will not fit due to the metal rise portion connecting the plate to the shank hitting the tire. I am not able to factor in the plate angle as I am unsure what it is. Any help you can provide is appreciated. Thank you!
asked by: John L
While I'm not able to verify if the B&W Pintle Hook Mounting Plate # BWPMHD14005 can fit without bumper or spare tire interference in the rise position on your 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (we just haven't had a chance to test this), I did go out to our warehouse to take a couple measurements that should help you determine this.
From the center of the hitch pin hole to where this angled piece starts there is a distance of right at 6-1/2". Halfway up the angled metal this distance grows to 9" and from the hitch pin hole to the back of the adjustment plate there is a distance of 12". I have attached an image to assist.
I recommend measuring the distance from the center of the hitch pin hole on your Jeep's hitch to the outermost point of the bumper and also the spare tire. You should hopefully be able to compare your measurements to the dimensions on the Pintle Hook Mounting Plate to determine if bumper or tire interference will come into play.
Please just let me know if an additional measurement might help in this and I will be happy to take it.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Will 20K Pintle Hook C48210 Bolt to B&W Pintle Hook Mounting Plate PMHD14005
- Can A Lunette Ring Be Used with the B&W Pintle Hook Mounting Plate
- Solution for Fitting 3 inch Hitch Pintle Hook Mount to 2 inch Hitch
- Can B&W Pintle Hook Mounting Plate be Used in Rise Position
- Can the B&W Pintle Hook Mounting Plate # BWPMHD14005 be Used in Rise and Drop Configuration
- Recommended Pintle Hook And Mount With 8 - 10 Inch Rise
- Higher Rated 2 Inch Pintle Hook Mounting Plate
- How to Load an Arctic Cat Prowler, Honda Fourtrax and Timberwolf on a Karavan Snowmobile Trailer
- 16k Capacity Pintle Hook and Mount Recommendation for a 2-1/2 inch Hitch Needs 8 inch of Drop
- Could the B and W Pintle Hook Mount # BWPMHD14005 Fit in Rise Position on a Jeep
- Pintle Hook with 2" Hitch Ball Combo Needed for B&W Pintle Hook Mounting Plate
- Can B&W Pintle Mount and Tow Ready Pintle Hook Give 4 inches of Drop
- Will Curt Pintle Hook C48215 Fit The B&W Pintle Hook Mounting Plate BMPMHD14005?
- Will the Buyers Products 8 Ton Combination Hitch Work with the B&W Pintle Hook Mounting Plate
- Determining Towing Capacity when Using B and W Pintle Mounting Plate # BWPMHD14005
- Hitch Mounted Pintle Hook Mount Recommendation
- Will B&W Pintle Mounting Plate Clear Lowered Tailgate on a 2017 Chevy Silverado
- Recommended Pintle Hook Hitch Ball Combo And Adjustable Height Mounting Plate For 2006 Jeep Liberty
- Mounting Hole Spacing on B&W Pintle Hook Mounting Plate BWPMHD14005