bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Hitch Reducer for 2 Inch Hitch to Use Bike Rack with 1-1/4 Inch Shank


I have a pickup truck that has a standard ball mount hitch on it. I would like to find an adapter for it that would accept 1 1/4 inch bike rack. ??????


Expert Reply:

In order to use your bike rack with a 1-1/4 inch shank with the 2 inch hitch receiver on your truck, all you need is a hitch reducer. For that I highly recommend the Hitch Reducer 2" to 1-1/4" Trailer Hitch Receiver # HT02 which is a sleeve that you fit right in your hitch so it is a very simple, very effective way to use your bike rack. You will need Pin and Clip # PC3 to secure the reducer to your hitch.

The other option is if you need an extender, the Hitch Adapter 2" to 1-1/4" Trailer Hitch Receiver - 11-1/2" Long # 80300, for which you'll also need Pin and Clip # PC3. Just keep in mind that because this is not a sleeve, it will reduce the tongue weight capacity of your hitch by 50 percent.

I have added links to video reviews of both Hitch Reducer # HT02 and # 80300 for you to take a look at.

expert reply by:
Kyle S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>