What Size Trailer Hitch is Available For 2012 Honda Accord
2012 honda accord I need a two inch hitch reciever.Do they make one?
asked by: Janine
None of the hitch manufacturers will make a 2-inch hitch receiver for a 2012 Honda Accord. Most of the 2012 Honda Accords will only have a towing capacity of 1,000 lbs so the vehicle would not be able to use a Class III 2-inch hitch. The frame attachment points on the Accord are not strong enough to withstand the increased weight capacity that a Class III hitch can handle, therefore the manufacturers do not offer them.
The hitches that are available for your 2012 Honda Accord will be a Class I 1-1/4 inch size. The Class I hitches will have a 200-lb tongue weight capacity and a 2,000-lb towing weight capacity, but the vehicles towing capacity is rated lower so you would need to use the lowest weight capacity as your guideline.
The Brophy, part # HTAD, you have referenced will fit a Class I 1-1/4 inch hitch receiver, but using it will cut your already low capacity in half.
I have included a couple of links to FAQ pages on hitch receiver sizes and hitch class ratings that will help you with any questions on trailer hitches.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Availability Of Adapter To Go From 1-1/4" Hitch To A 2" Hitch
- A 1-1/4 Inch to 2 Inch Adapter That Will Fit on a Class I Trailer Hitch
- Is There a 2" Receiver For a 2021 Honda Civic Hatchback
- Recommended Anti-Rattle Device for 1-1/4 Inch Hitch Adapter
- Adapter that Fits 1-1/4 inch Hitch and Provides 2 inch Hitch Opening
- Choosing a Class II Ball Mount with the Correct Rise and Drop on 2004 Subaru Outback Wagon
- What Adapter Do You Recommend for Making a 1-1/4 Inch Hitch Take a 2-Inch Accessory?
- Availability Of An Anti-Rattle Device for Use With A 1-1/4 Inch To 2 Inch Hitch Expander
- Can a Hitch Adapter be Used to Convert 1-1/4 Inch Hitch to 2 Inch Hitch on 2006 Ford Taurus
- Trailer Hitch Adapter To Use With 1-1/4 Inch Receiver On 2011 Honda Accord
- Is There an Adapter to go From 1-1/4 inch Hitch Size to 2 inch Hitch Size
- Availability of Trailer Hitch with 2 Inch Receiver for 2013 Lexus GS 350
- Class II Ball Mount With 3-1/2 Inch To 5 Inch Drop For Ford Explorer
- Why Cant I Use a Class II Hitch Adapter for 1-1/4 Hitch Receiver in a Class I Hitch?
- Anti-Rattle Device Recommendation for a Hitch Adapter Used on a 1-1/4 inch Hitch
- Hitch Recommendation to Carry Dirt Bike with 2007 Honda Element SC
- Availability of Adapter to go From 1-1/4 inch Hitch to 2 inch Hitch
- Why Are Hitch Adapters for 1-1/4 inch Hitch Not to Be Towed With
- Availability of 1-1/4 Inch Ball Mount with 7-1/2 Inch Rise
- Trailer Hitch Adapter For 2016 Honda Odyssey To USe 2-Inch Bike Rack In 1-1/4 Inch Receiver
- Why is HTAD Class I to Class III Trailer Hitch Adapter Not Recommended for Towing
- Hitch Expander Dimensions for 1-1/4 Inch Subaru Factory Hitch Receiver
- What is the Gross Towing Weight and Tongue Weight Capacity of the Brophy 1-1/4 to 2 Inch Adapter
- Recommended Adapter to Convert 1-1/4 Inch Receiver on Curt 11482 Hitch to 2 Inch Receiver
- Options for Carrying a Hitch Mount Bike Rack for 2 inch Hitches on a 1995 Honda Odyssey
- 1-1/4 inch to 2 inch Hitch Adapter that Can Fit Class I Trailer Hitch
- 1-1/4 inch to 2 inch Hitch Adapter Recommendation for a Toyota Prius
- How to Carry 2 Inch Hitch Accessories with a 2017 Honda CR-V that has a 1-1/4 Inch Hitch Receiver
- Can a 2 Inch Trailer Hitch Receiver be Installed on 2017 Subaru Impreza
- Trailer Hitch Receiver Adapter for Class I Hitch to a 2 Inch Receiver