bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Replacement Gooseneck Trailer Coupler for Horse Trailer with Round Coupler


I have a nearly new Curt gooseneck hitch on my 2016 ram 3500. I haul a gooseneck horse trailer and it has quite a bit of vertical play. It’s tight horizontally though. Wondering if there is a repair kit I can purchase or do I need to buy an all new coupler


Expert Reply:

The most common repair for a gooseneck coupler is replacing the inner tube so if this is what you are looking for then we do have options for you. For this, the Convert-A-Ball Multi-Cushioned Gooseneck Trailer Coupler part # CG would be an excellent option since it is a cushioned upgrade therefore will work to reduce road shock and provide a better ride than a standard gooseneck trailer coupler like you have now. In order to confirm fit, you simply need to verify that the inner diameter of the outer tube on your gooseneck coupler is 4" which is most common.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Conner L

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>