Fit of Yakima Spare Time # Y02599 on 2000 Honda CR-V
Hi, I would like to know if this rack can be used on a 2000 Honda CRV.
asked by: Maria D
According to my contact at Yakima, the Spare Ride # Y02599 is indeed a fit for the 2000 Honda CR-V.
Two features I really like about the Spare Ride- the rack can be mounted so that the arms are offset to the center of the rear of the vehicle, so that the bikes will be centered on the back of the vehicle. Also, the rack can be easily removed when not needed, leaving the mounting plate in place.
To carry womens bikes or bikes with sharply angled top tubes or step-through frames, using a frame adapter like part # Y02531 is recommended. The adapter spans the distance between the seat post and the handle bar gooseneck, and provides a level attachment point to the bike rack so the bike has greater ground clearance and is not carried at an angle.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Hitch Bike Racks
- Spare Tire Bike Racks
- Trunk Bike Racks
- Adapter Bar
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose a Spare-Tire-Bike Rack
- Q&A: Will Yakima SpareTime 2 Bike Carrier # Y02599 Allow Rear Glass to Open on 2007 Jeep Liberty
- Q&A: Opening the Rear Door with Bike Rack on 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
- Q&A: Best Spare Tire Mounted Bike Rack Comparison Thule Vs Yakima
- Q&A: Best E-bike Rack for Jeep Wrangler to Clear Rear Spare
- Q&A: Spare Tire Bike Rack Recommendation for Jeep Wrangler with Offroad Oversize Tire
- Q&A: 7-Way RV Trailer Connector Wiring Diagram
- Q&A: Are Additional Diodes Needed for Demco SBS Stay-IN-Play DUO Supplemental Braking System
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Jeep Wrangler
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack That Will Clear a Rear Mounted Spare Tire or Bumper
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: How to Choose a High-Low Adapter
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch