bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Can Rubber Valve Stems be Swapped to Metal to Use TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System


I just purchased the TST 507 FT-4C tire pressure monitoring system from you guys came yesterday. After the fact, I’ve now noticed that this set up is not recommended for rubber valve stems, which is what is on the Goodyear Endurance tires on my fifth wheel. I prefer the flow-through sensors, so my question is if I replace the rubber valve stems with metal ones, will the length of the metal stem plus the pressure sensor stick out too far on the wheel? Do you have any knowledge of customers who have made this swap? Thanks guys!


Expert Reply:

We actually have had customers make the swap from rubber valve stems to metal valve stems so they can use the TST TPMS for RVs - Color Display - Signal Booster - 4 Flow Through Tire Sensors # TST-507-FT-4-C. I added the cut out of that review for you to check out so you will have no problem whatsoever making that change.

Just be sure the valve stems are steel, chrome or nickel. You can use the Americana Metal, Bolt-In Valve Stem # AM20906 which fits either of the standard hole sizes of 0.453" or 0.625" and is made of chrome-plated brass.

I have added a link to a video review for you to check out as well.

click to enlarge
expert reply by:
Kyle S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>